diy solar

diy solar

Battery charger that can charge as fast as solar

ed6269

Hello everyone
I am looking for a 120 volt charger that can charge my 4 Lion energy safari 1300 batteries hooked up in parallel for a 12 volt system at a fast rate like the solar panels do , the genius 7200 charger I am using now takes forever (not enough amperage I think) the batteries can charge at a 100 amp rate , currently when charging with a outback flexmax 60 and 610 watt sunpower panels the batteries are charging at a rate of 35 amps and it doesn't take long to get a depleted charge back up to full.
My thinking is if I am out of grid power for an extended period of time and the sun is not available I want to charge the batteries up with my gas generator as quickly if not quicker than the solar set up.
Any suggestions on what might work for me and where to find it also what it might cost?
Thank you all for your help now and in the past
Eddie

Does your generator have a DC13.? V output? Mine all do but never measured the output in amps. Wondering if it work for you.

Does your generator have a DC13.? V output? Mine all do but never measured the output in amps. Wondering if it work for.
Don't have any DC outputs on my generator, thanks for the thought though.

Thank you but I still think that's not fast enough to get a depleted battery charged in a matter of hours, I think I need something that charges at a rate of 50 amps or better.
No Problem, Figured you would prefer the Noco since it's so versatile and you already have hands on with them.

The Aims 75A Charger that SuperVSTech linked is probably your best bet. I'm gonna look into that one for myself. Looks Promising and would work for me as well.

The first one is a good battery charger, the second one is just a power supply (no constant current mode).
It has a constant current of 50 amps why cant it charge a battery? Even though I think the other is better. Just curious as to why the pointy heads say it wont work. Mine seems to work just fine.

It has a constant current of 50 amps why cant it charge a battery? Even though I think the other is better. Just curious as to why the pointy heads say it wont work. Mine seems to work just fine.
I think the one I linked to only outputs 12.0 v... so it wouldn’t work to fully charge the bank, but there should be some 14.4 ish v ones, or adjustable like hobotech’s...

Hobo tech has one of them setup for adjustable voltage and amperage.
Hey there thanks, I looked for that video from hobotech but I can't find it , can you send me a link, I have been looking for any you tube videos on that aims converter all day and got nothing.

No, sorry, I meant on the 50a regulator... hobo’s last video on the jackery500 2.0 review has a show of him using it to fast charge the jackery.

That’s only a 10A Charger in Hobo Techs Video. The voltage is selectable up to 50V. That’s the one I use to fast charge my Bluetti Solar Gens.

I think the one I linked to only outputs 12.0 v... so it wouldn’t work to fully charge the bank, but there should be some 14.4 ish v ones, or adjustable like hobotech’s...
Ah yess but it can be adjusted up to 13.4 V but yes not getting to 14 is a bit troublesome. The one I use is for emergency back up charging so the full 14+ is not necessary.

Back