diy solar

diy solar

battery charging design

Very good. Thanks for the knowledge. Interesting, I had heard of the Argo FET Battery Isolator, and actually had been considering it as a piece needed for isolation/charging. Got lost in the floodwaters of all the other products. Have made note of your website! (y)

Very good. Thanks for the knowledge. Interesting, I had heard of the Argo FET Battery Isolator, and actually had been considering it as a piece needed for isolation/charging. Got lost in the floodwaters of all the other products. Have made note of your website! (y)
Ha, watch out for the ArgoFET... we sell those on Amazon and they're the single most-returned item we have because people apparently have no idea what they're for... but they're great devices if they're what you need. Let me know before you buy one new, or check our eBay store for open-box units; I have around 10 here of the various models that are never-used Amazon returns because people had no idea what they were buying :rolleyes: Upside: I can sell them for a major discount since they're not "new" anymore. I've fallen behind in my eBay used/open box listings but keep an eye out there, these will be listed in the next week or so.

I will check out your ebay store. I am interested tho in why they would be getting returned due to confusion on what their function is. From what I gather from the documentation, if I want the capability to charge 2 or 3 batteries from my alternator, then select either the 100a or 200a model. Which am not going to lie, I am confused as to why there would be two different max charge current and max alternator current models. I can see that in a situation where there is need for more than one source for charge; i.e. alternator and solar, this would not be the right choice. Which, if at some point, I wanted to add solar capabilities at a later date, then perhaps I should consider a device now that would give me the option later.?!#$
This is great content, :). Hopefully I am not the only one who doesn't understand all of this.

I will check out your ebay store. I am interested tho in why they would be getting returned due to confusion on what their function is. From what I gather from the documentation, if I want the capability to charge 2 or 3 batteries from my alternator, then select either the 100a or 200a model. Which am not going to lie, I am confused as to why there would be two different max charge current and max alternator current models. I can see that in a situation where there is need for more than one source for charge; i.e. alternator and solar, this would not be the right choice. Which, if at some point, I wanted to add solar capabilities at a later date, then perhaps I should consider a device now that would give me the option later.?!#$
This is great content, :). Hopefully I am not the only one who doesn't understand all of this.
Yeah I don't know what people think they're buying. Bottom line, the ArgoFET takes the alternator output and splits it -either two or three ways depending on the model- and that's it. The amp-rating difference is just because the FETs inside are different, thus why you have 100A and 200A models. But it's fundamentally a very simple device... just takes the alternator output and splits it.
I'm assuming that maybe people think they're getting an alternator-to-battery charger (ie, with charge profiles) or something... but I don't know. I just know that we sell a ton of them and then get a ton back that aren't even used, with messages like "doesn't work" (which is basically impossible) or "insufficient product description" and it's like... what exactly do you want us to describe? It takes an alternator output... and splits it. Not much else to describe :unsure:

Yeah I don't know what people think they're buying. Bottom line, the ArgoFET takes the alternator output and splits it -either two or three ways depending on the model- and that's it. The amp-rating difference is just because the FETs inside are different, thus why you have 100A and 200A models. But it's fundamentally a very simple device... just takes the alternator output and splits it.
I'm assuming that maybe people think they're getting an alternator-to-battery charger (ie, with charge profiles) or something... but I don't know. I just know that we sell a ton of them and then get a ton back that aren't even used, with messages like "doesn't work" (which is basically impossible) or "insufficient product description" and it's like... what exactly do you want us to describe? It takes an alternator output... and splits it. Not much else to describe :unsure:
Justin, what would determine which model I should get, 100a or 200a? I imagine no harm would occur to any upstream or downstream devices, but that just determined by rate of charge i would want?

Justin, what would determine which model I should get, 100a or 200a? I imagine no harm would occur to any upstream or downstream devices, but that just determined by rate of charge i would want?
Ah no no, it's determined by your alternator size... the ArgoFET is not current-limiting; if you throw 200A at a 100A ArgoFET you'll damage the device. If you have a 100-200A alternator, get the 200A model; if you have a stock alternator like a 60-100, get the 100A model.

diy solar

diy solar
Back