diy solar

diy solar

Battery Charging Issue (Schneider XW Pro + KiloVault)

steepee

Good day,

I have a problem with the battery system. The system consists of a Schneider Inverter XW Pro 6848 and KiloVault HLX+3600 batteries (48V).

The battery's state of charge seems to range from 85% to only 90% or maybe 91%. It appears that I need it to reach 99%.

It also seems that if there is a power outage, the best we can achieve is to have the battery start at around 90%.

I need to increase the charging range from 95% to 99%. I can provide screenshots from the Insightcloud portal with the configuration.

Can anyone assist me with this issue, which parameters in configuration I should change?

I don't think the Kilovault has any communication with the inverter, let me know if I'm wrong.

Post your settings (screenshots are easiest), if you really want to hit 100%, you probably have your charger voltages set too low. Kilovault should have those published somewhere.

Are you charging with the XW? Or a charge controller?

Thank you for the prompt reply!
I am charging with XW without a charge controller.
Please see the attached screenshots.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 13
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    311.6 KB · Views: 14
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    383.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    317.9 KB · Views: 8
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    237.9 KB · Views: 9
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    281.3 KB · Views: 8
  • B1.jpg
    B1.jpg
    153.8 KB · Views: 6
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    253.4 KB · Views: 7
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 8
  • B2.jpg
    B2.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 10
Do you use the local application or only the cloud version? The cloud version looks so odd to me. ?‍♂️

Did you fully charge each battery before putting them all in series? Do you have anyway to keep them balanced in series? Connecting 4 separate Lifepo4 batteries in series isn't ideal and you need to do something to keep them all balanced.

But to answer your question, take the recommended voltages below from Kilovault and multiply them by 4
Screenshot_20231024-164428.png

Absorb and bulk should be set to 56.4 volts per the manufacturer.
Also, you should lower your high battery cut out to match Kilovault's spec (57.6)

Do you have the Schneider Battery Monitor?

Thank you so much for the valuable information you provided.
I am using the cloud version, but I can switch to the local version on Friday.
I think that the only difference is the interface between the cloud and local versions, or are there some technical aspects?

I fully charged the batteries before connecting them in series. They have some microprocessors (built-in appliances), so they can help with balancing. However, I might be mistaken. I don't have the Schneider Battery Monitor, but if it's advisable to have it, I can consider installing it in the future.

Regarding the settings, as you can see, 'SOC Control' is enabled, so the batteries are controlled by the state of charge. Do you think that if I change the voltages to the recommended values from the spec sheet you provided, we will be able to set the battery range from 95% to 99%?"

Thank you so much for the valuable information you provided.
I am using the cloud version, but I can switch to the local version on Friday.
I think that the only difference is the interface between the cloud and local versions, or are there some technical aspects?
It's just personal preference, I don't think I there are technical differences.
I fully charged the batteries before connecting them in series. They have some microprocessors (built-in appliances), so they can help with balancing. However, I might be mistaken.
The BMS in each battery keep the 4 cells inside each battery balanced, but have no way to balance them with the other 3 batteries.
I don't have the Schneider Battery Monitor, but if it's advisable to have it, I can consider installing it in the future.

Regarding the settings, as you can see, 'SOC Control' is enabled, so the batteries are controlled by the state of charge. Do you think that if I change the voltages to the recommended values from the spec sheet you provided, we will be able to set the battery range from 95% to 99%?"
Do those batteries have communication to the insight/inverter? I didn't see that anywhere in the info I found, I'm not sure how else it would have SOC, either BMS communication to the battery or the Schneider Battery Monitor.

It's just personal preference, I don't think I there are technical differences.
I agree with you.
The BMS in each battery keep the 4 cells inside each battery balanced, but have no way to balance them with the other 3 batteries.
Got you. So, what you think is the best solution to keep them balanced? Install the charge controllers?
Do those batteries have communication to the insight/inverter? I didn't see that anywhere in the info I found, I'm not sure how else it would have SOC, either BMS communication to the battery or the Schneider Battery Monitor.
I don't think they have communication with the inverter, but I see some information on the portal1698247391457.png.
I'm not sure if it's calculated voltage and percentage from the configuration information or the real information from the batteries.

Got you. So, what you think is the best solution to keep them balanced? Install the charge controllers?
Either manually monitor and balance them or something like this:
I don't think they have communication with the inverter, but I see some information on the portalView attachment 174051.
I'm not sure if it's calculated voltage and percentage from the configuration information or the real information from the batteries.
If there's communication, you would have had to connect the communication wires from the battery to the Insight.
I've never seen my insight put up an SOC percentage without it coming from a BMS. That's my confusion. If you are basing your "need" to get to 100% on this made up number, then don't. That number is just made up, the only reliable source of SOC is something with a shunt, like a BMS or the Schneider Battery Monitor.

Do you have pics of your set up to share? How about a list of components?

Either manually monitor and balance them or something like this:

If there's communication, you would have had to connect the communication wires from the battery to the Insight.
I've never seen my insight put up an SOC percentage without it coming from a BMS. That's my confusion. If you are basing your "need" to get to 100% on this made up number, then don't. That number is just made up, the only reliable source of SOC is something with a shunt, like a BMS or the Schneider Battery Monitor.

Do you have pics of your set up to share? How about a list of components?
I think we have resolved this problem together.
What I have done is put the correct numbers in the local InsightHome portal, as you previously mentioned.
I also installed the Schneider Battery Monitor and the balancer, charged all the batteries, and pressed two buttons, < >, to calibrate the battery charging level with the Schneider XW Pro.

Hello everyone, I would like to use Modbus to control the XW Pro 6848 to output or input the power values I calculate. However, I couldn't find corresponding registers on the Modbus Map to input the calculated charging or discharging power.
Modbus Map version 990-91343CAug 10, 2021.

Equipment list:
- Schneider XW Pro 6848
- Schneider MPPT 60 100
- Schneider InsightHome
- 2.4KW battery

diy solar

diy solar
Back