diy solar

diy solar

Battery Levels Belo 50 percent

Neilthurston99

Hello

I am an absolute newbie to solar energy.

I am using lead acid batteries which I understand should not be run on less than 50 percent of charge to avoid damage to the batteries.

I am setting up a solar powered system remotely and will probably visit around once per week.

I have bought a 1000w Renogy Inverter and yet to buy a battery shunt / monitor system.

Any guidance on how I can set up my system so battery charge levels do not fall below 50 percent would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Neil

Hello

I am an absolute newbie to solar energy.

I am using lead acid batteries which I understand should not be run on less than 50 percent of charge to avoid damage to the batteries.

I am setting up a solar powered system remotely and will probably visit around once per week.

I have bought a 1000w Renogy Inverter and yet to buy a battery shunt / monitor system.

Any guidance on how I can set up my system so battery charge levels do not fall below 50 percent would be much appreciated.

Cheers

Neil

Lots of different ways.

You'll want an inverter/charger/charge controller that has adjustable settings for voltage cutoff if that's what you're after.

It's probably non-adjustable on the renogy.

Enlighten us as to your power needs and ultimate goal.

I would advise you to not buy any equipment yet until you have done more research. This way you'll avoid purchasing stuff that isn't going to meet your needs.?

Back