diy solar

diy solar

EG4-LL Battery levels and Percentage?

WW5M_Bill

I have (9) EG4-LL batteries in parallel, my issue is the Percentage shown on each battery varies greatly even when batteries
are at same voltage. Yesterday afternoon all my batteries were between 53.75 and 53.80 volts yet my charge percentage
levels varied from 84 to 100 percent. I just purchased the cable necessary to look at all the battery levels and BMS. Will I be able
to adjust the percentages with the software. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for your help,

Bill - West TN

I wonder if they are running the same firmware. Or maybe individually top charged.
I’ve been running 6 EG4 LiFePOWER4 and each battery is within a couple % of the others. A separate battery monitor and the reported SOC through my EG4 8K all-in-one agree within a couple % as well.

I have (9) EG4-LL batteries in parallel, my issue is the Percentage shown on each battery varies greatly even when batteries
are at same voltage. Yesterday afternoon all my batteries were between 53.75 and 53.80 volts yet my charge percentage
levels varied from 84 to 100 percent. I just purchased the cable necessary to look at all the battery levels and BMS. Will I be able
to adjust the percentages with the software. Anyone else had this issue?

Thanks for your help,

Bill - West TN
This is actually normal with Lithium batteries. When was the last time you deep cycled your batteries?

This is normal if you're not getting them fully charged, what's the history of these batteries did you just set them up?

If so I recommend charging to 54v then checking individual cell voltages. You can do this on the screen on the front of the batteries. Keep raising the charge voltage until you get a cell that's close to 3.65 then stop.

It took me over 3 months of use to get the cells on my EG4s balanced at 55.9v. The cells will balance any time there's more than 40mv difference between the highest and lowest cell.

Unfortunately I'm unsure what the best regular charge voltage is. I've seen 55.5 somewhere, the BMS communication will charge to 56v. Meanwhile the manual somehow manages to have 3 different bulk charging voltages listed. 58, 57.5, and 57. My batteries seem to go into auto disconnect voltage protection at 56 so I'm at a loss.

Last edited:
I have 12 of the EG4-LL (V1) in two battery racks. I have seen this much variation over the 13 months I have been using them. I stopped watching the voltage and state of charge. I was spending way too much time worrying about the little differences I saw.

Now I check the web app on my phone once a day for less than 3 minutes, once a month I spend an hour looking at all the batteries. Set them, let them work and enjoy your life.

Back