diy solar

diy solar

Battery percentage drop fast to 50%

Dalank

Hello just added new 2 agm 200ah and they are 4 in total now connected to a growatt spf 5000 es batterie charged full during the day no super loads are active suddenly battery percentage drops from 100% to 50 % after 30 min off solar beam what is going on?

paralleling old & new lead acid batteries is not a good idea
SOC is based on voltage (drop) and that is when you will get what you experienced.

Not a problem with mixing old & new li-ion batteries.
Should have considered lifepo4 cells instead :p

Not too much time to consider it old i had 2 agm gel batteries 1 week ago and added 2 more yesterday percentage is vareying so fast and drops so fast what should i do

What are the individual voltages of each battery, with no solar and a small load?
This are the individual voltage disconnected all power check image

Attachments

• IMG_20220804_160539.jpg
    IMG_20220804_160539.jpg
    265.7 KB · Views: 18
And to confirm - what battery settings adjustments did you make in your ShineApp? If you just added another couple of batteries in parallel, you shouldn't have had to adjust any settings I do not believe (unless it was a capacity setting you were adjusting). Maybe you changed a setting that makes the inverter think you have more batteries than you actually do in series.

And to confirm - what battery settings adjustments did you make in your ShineApp? If you just added another couple of batteries in parallel, you shouldn't have had to adjust any settings I do not believe (unless it was a capacity setting you were adjusting). Maybe you changed a setting that makes the inverter think you have more batteries than you actually do in series.
The photos show them all in series, 4x12 volt -> 48 volts.
I think he needs to make sure all individual batteries are fully charged by the same battery charger before any testing.
0.3 volts difference unloaded is too much.
Something is very off

The photos show them all in series, 4x12 volt -> 48 volts.
I think he needs to make sure all individual batteries are fully charged by the same battery charger before any testing.
0.3 volts difference unloaded is too much.
Something is very off

Yes, he posted the pic just as I was posting my reply. Those are in series, and that inverter is a 48v inverter - I just assumed when he said he added 2 more he was using the same inverter but he must have switched that too.

I had another inverter it was 50

Attachments

• Screenshot_2022-08-04-20-12-02-553_com.growatt.shinephones.jpg
    Screenshot_2022-08-04-20-12-02-553_com.growatt.shinephones.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 6
Seems normal. Full SOC voltage for lead is 12.8.
Charge voltage is generally high 14's, as soon as charging terminates they're going to settle back to full charge level voltage. Maybe recalibrate your SOC indicator.

According to this chart, AGM runs a bit higher than FLA:

state-of-charge-chart-for-agm-battery.png

Seems normal. Full SOC voltage for lead is 12.8.
Charge voltage is generally high 14's, as soon as charging terminates they're going to settle back to full charge level voltage. Maybe recalibrate your SOC indicator.

According to this chart, AGM runs a bit higher than FLA:

state-of-charge-chart-for-agm-battery.png
I have disconnected all batteries now and tested all a week old 2 batteries give 13.0 v and the 2 new one giving 12.1 v are this is the issue?

So what i should do?

It sounds like your two new batteries are practically discharged, and your "old" batteries are almost fully charged.

All batteries in series should be in the same SOC (state of charge) before connecting in series - so first step is to charge each 12v battery separately, using a 12v charger, and once each of the 4 batteries are fully charged reconnect in series and see if that fixes your issue.

diy solar

diy solar
Back