diy solar

diy solar

Battery shows very low voltage

JanC

Hi,

I just finally connected together my solar system and the Smartsolar does not turn on after connected to a battery. I suppose it should turn on the small light, but it doesn't. I checked the voltage of the battery (24 volt battery) and it shows only around 2 volts. When connected with the MPPT and an inverter, it shows a little bit lower voltage then when not connected to anything. Also the voltage of the battery seems to be dropping every few minutes when it's connected to the inverter and the MPPT. Did they send me a dead battery, or what could be the problem? I atteched a picture of my system

Best regards

Jan

Attachments

• Solar system1.jpg
    Solar system1.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 11
  • Solar system 2.jpg
    Solar system 2.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 10
Do you have a separate standalone charger or power supply? I would try disconnecting the battery and putting it on a charger or power supply. It sounds like the BMS is turned off. You need to try to re-enable the BMS.

Do you have a separate standalone charger or power supply? I would try disconnecting the battery and putting it on a charger or power supply. It sounds like the BMS is turned off. You need to try to re-enable the BMS.
No, I don't have that kind of a charger. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to contact the seller before doing anything? It seems like a warranty issue. I tried that multimeter on my car battery and it shows correct measurements so it's definitely something wrong with that Elkersolutions battery.

Back