diy solar

diy solar

Before I flip the switch

VideoLenser

I keep changing my plans from simple backup to something more. . I now have 8 100 watt HF panels, Renogy 100a Charge controller & Renogy 3000w inverter. I have SAE to MC4 adapters so I didn't cut the connections going to MC4 10awg 50ft cable in 1in pvc. Thinking of doing 4 more panels in spring. I have 4 100ah agm batteries. Should I be 2S 4P or 4S 2P? I'm on grid but want to be less so. I'm planning to get an EZ Gen switch for my gas furnace.

What charge controller do you have?
A 100A controller should handle 1200W of panels at 12V…

Arrangement of the panels is based on location.
Is it shady? Or fully open area?

What charge controller do you have?
A 100A controller should handle 1200W of panels at 12V…

Arrangement of the panels is based on location.
Is it shady? Or fully open area?

Thanks for responding! Renogy 100A 12V/24V/36V/48V DC Input MPPT Solar Charge Controller. In late fall thru winter in Wisconsin Sunny from 8am -1:30pm & 2-3pm, otherwise mostly sunny. Two Eco-Worthy 4 panel brackets facing south mounted side by side on cemented 4 by 4 posts

Also, I have 1inch PVC feeding the MC4 cables to a closet from outside. I have a plastic shelf which I plan to store the Charge Controller , Inverter and the 4 AGM batteries on the bottom shelf. Do I need to ventilate the closet? I was considering putting a vent on the door. I also will have a breaker box, multiple kill switches and fuses

The closet temp and the more power you run will determine whether it’s vented. Also is the derating as temps go up. Could lose 50% and only manage 1500 watts.

I have a 3000 watt PST 24 volt inverter and it lets me know it’s getting hot because the fan turns on.

If you’re around, I’d have a plan to vent but gather some data on how hot it gets and install if needed. What would change that is if it’s stuffed tightly into a closet and then I’d vent it.

The closet temp and the more power you run will determine whether it’s vented. Also is the derating as temps go up. Could lose 50% and only manage 1500 watts.

I have a 3000 watt PST 24 volt inverter and it lets me know it’s getting hot because the fan turns on.

If you’re around, I’d have a plan to vent but gather some data on how hot it gets and install if needed. What would change that is if it’s stuffed tightly into a closet and then I’d vent it.
The closet won't have anything else in it so it won't be tight in there. I'm there most of the time working virtually so I can keep an I on it. Thanks for the input

diy solar

diy solar
Back