diy solar

diy solar

Beginner trying to build diy lifepo4 battery

I am building a similar battery bank and was wondering if there was a reason you connected the batteries to a bus bar instead of wiring them together directly?

The two batteries each had a BMS on them. Each BMS was just a few inches away from the shunt (negative side) and positive terminal wasn't too far away from the fuse (positive side). It was just easier to wire each battery as an independent unit. If I had implemented a third or fourth battery, the new connections would have been just as easy and I wouldn't have to redo the first two.

You should ditch the electric cook top & use a propane stove. Wally world has camp stoves cheap & they cook way more efficient. But for high amp power you should use an overkill bms on each 8s bank & parallel those banks, then you'll have all the power you need.

Since you are in the UK, goto Fogstar for your cells, or readybuilt batteries,

and JBD BMS, same as Overkill or from , both 4S and 8S BMS,

I am in the UK and LLT suppy air freight within a week.

With care its possible to run a 3000 watt inverter at 12 volts, however a 24 volt system may be an advantage.

Top quality cable and acccociated parts, fuses, fuse holders, cable terminations, are need in the high current battery and inverter interconnections at 250 amps 12 volts. It's possible and allows easy interface to the RV 12v circuits.
At 12v with 8 cells it's either two 4S batteries each with a BMS, that could be up to 250A per BMS , or a 2P4S battery with a single 250A BMS.
At 24 volts it's either two 4S batteries in series or an 8S battery.

In a RV you need a battery to battery converter to charge lithium, this is 12v to 12v or 12v to 24v. Thus there is no advantage is keeping to a 12v systen, a B2B charger is still needed.
Whilst with 12v system, RV accessories are easily integrated. When 24volts are used, a 24v to 12v converter powers 12v accessories.
Example,

Note dc compressor fridges work on 12or 24volts.

All things considered once over 2000 watts going to 24 volts is the better option.

Last edited:
Back