diy solar

diy solar

Best 24v inverter for $450?

Mickie

Whats the best 24v inverter i can get for $450 best interms of wattage, continuous/surge and quality?

This is a good inverter but like most high frequency inverters it has no real surge capacity.
How much continuous wattage do you need?

I will be using a washing machine on this setup so 1000w would be a bit small. From what ive seen 24v is more efficient than 12v system altho im new to this but also i want to eventually expalnd on the system over time. Currenty i have 1 345w 24v solar panel 60A makeskyblue charge controller and 4 100ah 12v lifepo4 battries. So im trying to figure out which decent inverter i can get for around 450 tht can run my off grid setup.

Last edited:
I will be using a washing machine on this setup so 1000w would be a bit small. From what ive seen 24v is more efficient than 12v system altho im new to this but also i want to eventually expalnd on the system over time. Currenty i have 1 345w 24v solar panel 60A makeskyblue charge controller and 4 100ah 12v lifepo4 battries. So im trying to figure out which decent inverter i can get for around 450 tht can run my off grid setup.
You might consider an AIO. I see the one I am using is even cheaper now at $418 with 15% off. free shipping. https://easunpower.com/products/eas...lar-inverter-24v-pure-sine-wave-inverter-100a I actually have 2 of them. (Bought another one as a spare when it was $449 with 15% off a month back).

I should mention that AIO idle current is something you need to allow for by increasing number of solar panels or shutting off the unit when actively not in use. A stand alone inverter like the Samlex will consume much less current being on just doing nothing. Though even than you do need to watch it. It takes power to make power.

Ive been doing some searches and i think i might go with a Giandel 24v 3000w
Its arourd $489

@Mickie I don't know where you're at, but with a motor like a washing machine, I would not want to buy a 3000 watt inverter without knowing it will run what you want.

There's posts on here about some pretty big inverter havign light flicker when the washing machine is run. From my quality Samlex Inverter, it recommends sizing the inverter three times the running wattage:
1671989340730.png
Most US clothes washers have a 20 amp 120 volt plug and pull perhaps 1400 watts. That may require a 4500 watt inverter. There are much more efficient washers like a front loader or some of the smaller RV washers that may use smaller inverters.

If you can't find any review on someone using that inverter for your clothes washer with a cheaper model, may not work. Odds of finding someone with your particular inverter and your particualar washer are not great.

Yea the 48v is more efficient than 24v but im trying to balance effiency and cost
You may get a reality-check here. What happens when you press the "ON" button and the inverter shuts off because of overload? You throw away everything you paid for and start over? Believe me, I've seen it happen here more than once.

You have to stop guessing about what is likely to work and get some real numbers. Any electric motor that starts under load is going to have a large starting surge. Get a clamp meter that can measure "inrush current" and determine what that washer needs. I have a Uni-T 216C that has worked well for me.

Get hard data for what your appliances need, then go to the drawing board. I seriously doubt you will find a quality inverter that starts it for just 450$. You'll end up spending less money buying a quality brand rather than having to replace the cheap junk you found out doesn't work.

that 3000 inverter from victron is nice more than 450 but if you can get at a good price i got one for 800 and its a beast and efficiency is real high. its a low frequency too. guy on ebay that sells new and a victron dealer. old stock and carries 4 year warranty instead of 5.

This is my first project and im still learning as i go along but my budget is still limited no matter how bad or good an inverter can be so eventho im new i know that there are better quality products. I asked for help with the best that i can get for around $450 cuz thats as far as my budget can go. I do have grid power so if the inverter cant handle a certain load i can always use that load on the grid. Ive also seen a video of the 2200watt version of the giandel 24v running a washing machine. I dnt know if it can handle it for days. Weeks, months or years. As far as i can tell 5he giandel isnt the best inverter but they are a decent brand for the price range. I would like to be able to buy one that could take all things off the grid but thats not possible right now so i have to work with what i can afford and upgrade when i can.

standby. im running a front load washer test with my victron 1200va low frequency inverter running of 12 volt battery....

Back