diy solar

diy solar

Best adhesive to stick polycarbonate panels to rubber roof

digitalfm

Hi, I have a flat rubber roof on my garden office, and some flexible CIGS solar panels to mount on top.

I intend to stick some polycarbonate twin wall panels to the rubber roof first so the solar panels are not stuck directly to the rubber in case I ever need to replace them, and also to allow some airflow in between the two.

Can anyone recommend the best adhesive to fix the polycarbonate sheets to the rubber roof. Most appropriate so far seems something like Everbuild Stixall?

For info, I’m in the UK where the temperature rarely goes above 30 Celsius, so extreme heat on the flexible panels will not be a common occurrence.

Last edited:
I’m in the UK where the temperature rarely goes above 30 Celsius, so extreme heat on the flexible panels will not be a common occurrence
A dark colored roof-mounted anything is well able to exceed ambient temperature by quite a lot.

Yes agreed. My point is i'm not in a super hot country, so my rubber roof and solar panels can handle anything the UK can throw at it, which is mainly rain and wind :) . Still I'll fit the twinwall sheets inbetween just to create some air flow between the two.

So back to the question, does the Everbuild Stixall sound like the right adhesive to stick polycarbonate to rubber? I'll be bracing it with some small waterproof fixings also, but don't want to make a mess of the roof by laying down some adhesive that won't do the job. I hear to stay away from anything solvent based on rubber. I believe the Stixall is non solvent.

Back