diy solar

diy solar

Best inverter for home

If you value dependability, unmatched surge capabilities and a proven track record of 20+ years, there's only one choice. Schneider. My XW pro 6848 has given me zero issues in 3 years.

Other good options are Solark and SMA.
I agree. I have a Schneider XW5500 for 5 years and no issues here. Will upgrade to the XW Pro 6848 very soon. Also, if you want more wattage get two. With Lithium Iron Phosphate rack batteries from Signature Solar or SOK you will have a bullet proof system.

I agree. I have a Schneider XW5500 for 5 years and no issues here. Will upgrade to the XW Pro 6848 very soon. Also, if you want more wattage get two. With Lithium Iron Phosphate rack batteries from Signature Solar or SOK you will have a bullet proof system.
I will also recommend Schneider. I've used one (Conext SW 4024) for almost five years now with zero issues.

I will also recommend Schneider. I've used one (Conext SW 4024) for almost five years now with zero issues.
This is what I'm looking at also, split phase and great surge performance. But can't be stacked like the XW series afaik.

Same. What a beast fantastic little inverter. And split phase too. Starts my 3/4 hp 240v AC shallow well jet pump every day all day for 5 years

Shame Schneider discontinued stacking.

If you value dependability, unmatched surge capabilities and a proven track record of 20+ years, there's only one choice. Schneider. My XW pro 6848 has given me zero issues in 3 years.

Other good options are Solark and SMA.
I agree with the Schneider choice everyone Raves about the solarark inverters but they're super expensive and they struggle to start induction loads if they cant willshut down and need rebooting. Schneider has a long history of quality inverters they started as Trace then became zantrex and are now Schneider probably the best heavy duty inverter on the market. They will start incredibly oversized loads and run them while in overload and keep going. guess the big sales pitches for the solarks are the fact that they're hybrid work with batteries and solar input easy to wire but it seems to me as expensive as they are they should start motors better.

Last edited:
I swear by Victron.
Do yourself a HUGE favor...DO NOT BUY ON eBay!!!!!
Is that because of the warranty or seller help if you have a problem with the victron equipment? I have gotten some really good deals on eBay when I say some I mean a lot of good deals even on victron equipment I got a victron 240 / 100 amp Step up Transformer that was damaged in shipping but only cosmetic the seller was a yacht company in Florida turned out they were an upstanding company and they told me to keep the that one and sent me a brand new one straight from victron. I think if you get it from the right seller eBay is not a bad deal if you research the seller and find that they are a large company you're probably okay. In my opinion

Yes to both.
what I find strange about victron there are so few dealers maybe I should have said if you're buying one piece of equipment you might be okay but if you need a complete system and you need a lot of advice and technical help probably should buy from a victron dealer.

Is that because of the warranty or seller help if you have a problem with the victron equipment? I have gotten some really good deals on eBay when I say some I mean a lot of good deals even on victron equipment I got a victron 240 / 100 amp Step up Transformer that was damaged in shipping but only cosmetic the seller was a yacht company in Florida turned out they were an upstanding company and they told me to keep the that one and sent me a brand new one straight from victron. I think if you get it from the right seller eBay is not a bad deal if you research the seller and find that they are a large company you're probably okay. In my opinion
Having the seller/dealer available for assistance is invaluable.
Buying on eBay can be useful...I just have doubt about equipment such as solar gear being what it says it is...and working.
It sounds as if you have this well under control.

Is Victron UL 1741 rated for the US? If not that might be an issue for some.

Having the seller/dealer available for assistance is invaluable.
Buying on eBay can be useful...I just have doubt about equipment such as solar gear being what it says it is...and working.
It sounds as if you have this well under control.
I see the point now, I tried to contact victron earlier today out of curiosity and there really is not much of a customer service in that company. First thing they tell you is contact your dealer. I guess if you're not getting a dealer to help you there might be issues with getting help from victron. They seem to sell products really well but they don't seem to have much of a customer support. There didn't seem to be a whole lot of dealers in the US or should I say actual dealers listed by victron but everybody and their brother on the web seems to be selling this equipment. Is this what members on the site are having issues with? I did ask a fairly simple question to victron about the 120/240 Transformer 100 amp version. What is the total Watts this unit is capable of? There does not seem to be enough literature about it. And the online spec sheet does not specify well enough to say for sure. I'm curious to see if they reply or how long it takes

Is Victron UL 1741 rated for the US? If not that might be an issue for some.
I believe a couple of the 3kva multiplus units are.

From this thread, apparently they are working on getting the 48V version approved:

"PMP122301102 MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 120V VE.Bus (UL1741)
PMP242301102 MultiPlus 24/3000/70-50 120V VE.Bus (UL1741)"

I believe a couple of the 3kva multiplus units are.

From this thread, apparently they are working on getting the 48V version approved:

"PMP122301102 MultiPlus 12/3000/120-50 120V VE.Bus (UL1741)
PMP242301102 MultiPlus 24/3000/70-50 120V VE.Bus (UL1741)"

Ran across this info in another thread of this forum on the Victron Energy 48 VDC 3000 Multiplus II.

The UL Certificate for the 48v Multiplus II is on the Victron website now.

Back