diy solar

diy solar

Best mono-crystalline solar panel for Jackery 500? Renogy "not available"

Bob1956

I just purchased the Jackery 500 and wanted to purchase Will's recommended 100w Renogy solar panel off of amazon (https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Watts...009Z6CW7O/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8). That panel is no longer available. Now, they have a compact model with slightly different specs and a few negative reviews.
Anyone out there have a good recommendation for a mono-crystalline 100w panel that will work well with the Jackery 500?
Has anyone tried the compact Renogy version? If so, are you happy with it?

Hey Bob, welcome to the forum.

Don't spend too much time sweating the details on a 100W panel for the Jackery 500. There's nothing special about the Renogy panels other than they charge more money for the same power. Find yourself the best price on any of Renogy, HQST, Rich Solar, Eco-Worthy, Newpowa etc. and pull the trigger. Mono vs poly also doesn't matter. You're only going to push a max of about 63W into the Jackery 500 anyway due to the input current limits and internal charge controller (search the forum for Jackery posts by me and you'll find some more details about solar charging them.)

If you are most comfortable with panels Will recommends, take a look at the 100W panels he lists here:

Good luck.

Hi Bob142,

Thank you for the kind reply! I will definitely use your advice and search for your previous posts. I appreciate your help!

Back