diy solar

diy solar

Best place to purchase

Hello,
I am looking to upgrade my RV 12v system from the stock lead acid batteries I received when I bought my coach. I have a 200w solar system with a 40A contoller from Renogy. I have been chatting with CRJ Industries and am not confindent if they are genuine. I want at least 2 batteries and Battleborn is just a little costly. Where is the best place to get either parts to make my own or a legit site if I want to order a complete set? Is Alibaba the only place? I see good prices there offset by outlandish shipping charges

I was in this same spot a while back, had just gotten a coach with 12v300ah of lead acid, no solar, and a non-functional generator. I learn by doing, and I like to make my hobbies pay for themselves, so here's my journey so far:

when covid/unemployment hit I ordered 20 solar panels intending on selling 10 figuring it would take a couple months. sold 18 in a couple weeks. ordered 50 more. sold them rapidly. I have 50 more on the way to me.

on batteries I crunched numbers, looked at many options -- but I want simple proven serviceable tech. wound up ordering 48x 120ah lifepo4 cells via alibaba (see my other threads) and am waiting on them. I'm gonna build a few packs and play with them, then decide how to proceed.

so keep doing what your user name says, there's no clear path forward-- just what will work for you based on your time, ability and budget.

I was in this same spot a while back, had just gotten a coach with 12v300ah of lead acid, no solar, and a non-functional generator. I learn by doing, and I like to make my hobbies pay for themselves, so here's my journey so far:

when covid/unemployment hit I ordered 20 solar panels intending on selling 10 figuring it would take a couple months. sold 18 in a couple weeks. ordered 50 more. sold them rapidly. I have 50 more on the way to me.

on batteries I crunched numbers, looked at many options -- but I want simple proven serviceable tech. wound up ordering 48x 120ah lifepo4 cells via alibaba (see my other threads) and am waiting on them. I'm gonna build a few packs and play with them, then decide how to proceed.

so keep doing what your user name says, there's no clear path forward-- just what will work for you based on your time, ability and budget.
Thanks Golden. I really appreciate the response. Good luck on those sales. When I put the solar on my coach I upsized the controller for later expandibility just for situations like this. LOL

Back