diy solar

diy solar

Best place for min panel purchase.

Copperman

Installing a small DIY system for a storage building that I am having put up. Power consumption will be very minimal...mainly running lights when I am in the building and an internet relay / camera security system. I might plug in an air compressor now and again or something along those lines, but all in all, the power draw will be very minimal. I'm goiong with a Growatt 3KW 48V LVM-48P with flooded cell batteries due to the cold temps everything will be exposed to. I know it's a bit overkill, but I want to be able to add to the system in the future. With that said, I don't need a huge solar array, given my daily draw will be almost nothing. About everything on the Signature Solar website has a minimum order quantity of 10. Suggestions to source a decent bifacial panel in lesser quantities? The controller will operate PV input 30-115VDC. Also looking for a source for mounts for a steel roof. Thanks

Check out suntan solar for used panels. They are fairly inexpensive.
Also look local - sometimes solar install companies have a few extras hanging around. Also check local Craig’s list or other classified.

Also check local Craig’s list or other classified.
This! Often times the killer is shipping. I remember when I ordered my used panels it was about $300 for freight shipping or $300 for freight shipping on the 25 panel pallet.

If you're only buying a few panels it's hard to beat Amazon because shipping is so often included in the price. If you have a local electrical supply company (we have Platt Electric here in WA state) they may have large panels in stock that you can buy a few of locally.

Anything you can do to avoid having to pay through the nose on freight shipping for only a few panels.

Just remember with fla batteries they need to be recharged to 100% daily for best performance
Yep...I think with 6 panels I should have much more than enough capacity to keep everything charged. I will likely go weeks without ever turning on the lights, so the only real draw would be the security system.

you don't say what wattage panel your looking for.
if 100 watt would work try looking at Lowes, free shipping to store.
probably the same at home depot?

you don't say what wattage panel your looking for.
if 100 watt would work try looking at Lowes, free shipping to store.
probably the same at home depot?
Figuring 1500 watts or so out of 6 or 8 panels should do it. I have a couple of places I am looking at...thanks for the recommendations.

Back