diy solar

diy solar

Best way to integrate EcoFlow Delta Pro Ultras

hubbs1982

Howdy!

I scored 3 Delta Pro Ultras for a great price, and I am wondering how to integrate it into my soon-to-be-system.

Current plans call for a pair of EG4 18kpvs with a pair of EG4 indoor wall mount batteries. The house will have 400A service and (2) 200A panels. One of the panels will be backed up by the 18kpvs, and the CTs will be mounted on the house service, to offset the usage on both breaker panels. Live in an area with “Free Night” TOU plans.

Is there any value in trying to integrate the DPUs?

Current thoughts are either:

1) use two DPUs with the EcoFlow 50A hub. During normal use I would connect it to the GEN inputs on the 18kpvs. During a grid outage, connect it to the non-backed-up panel through an interlock, for partial back up.

2) purchase the EcoFlow Smart Home Panel 2, which would connect to the non-backed-up panel. Possibly get away with just (1) 18kpv.

In a quandary as to what makes sense.

Biggest downside to option 2 is the longevity/reliability of the SHP2.

Any input from the experts?

Thanks in advance

(Just occurred to me)

Option 3) House is powered off (1) 400A main breaker/meter panel. Use transfer switch to feed panel from 18kpv, then have SHP2 as a 100A sub panel. SHP2 has 3 DPUs connected. In theory the whole house would be backed up, although very high draw items could not be used during an outage.

diy solar

diy solar
Back