diy solar

diy solar

Big metal container for a 48v godzilla - where can I get one

sshibly

Solar Enthusiast
Saw this battery, nice case, any clue where I can get one?
I love the nice clean shiny look!

Attachments

• enclosure_lfe_who.jpg
    enclosure_lfe_who.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 9
That's more than likely just a metal case with terminals through the top. You may be able to find one as a prefabricated unit, but I think you'd be better off buying a nice metal box, and adding some terminals yourself. It would probably cost a lot less too.

That's more than likely just a metal case with terminals through the top. You may be able to find one as a prefabricated unit, but I think you'd be better off buying a nice metal box, and adding some terminals yourself. It would probably cost a lot less too.
Agree,
yes, I have glands and terminals, so I need a metal box of like this,
I looked at amazon and could not a box as big as this.

I could always fab but trying to avoid that,

Google "surplus army ammo cans". That will lead you down a path with many choices between various military grade containers. They're cheap and water proof if you get one that isn't damaged. Steel or aluminum.

Google "surplus army ammo cans". That will lead you down a path with many choices between various military grade containers. They're cheap and water proof if you get one that isn't damaged. Steel or aluminum.
I have a bunch of 50 bmg and other sized ammo cans, I buy a bunch from ammo from CMP store at Port Clinton, maybe I can find a bigger mortar case or something?

I have a bunch of 50 bmg and other sized ammo cans, I buy a bunch from ammo from CMP store at Port Clinton, maybe I can find a bigger mortar case or something?
Oh I think the possibilities are endless and if you don't like that drab green military look, for just a little bit more you could get some flower power decals to adorn it with?
1644348459756.png

Back