diy solar

diy solar

BigBattery 24V A123 LFP Battery Questions...

blu5ol

Hello all.

Awesome website and Thank you Will for all you do.

I am contemplating on purchasing the 24v A123 LFP Battery from BigBattery.com. My question is... can i make this battery to a 12v system with 2 separate bms? I want to keep the batteries in its stock form. This would be an inexpensive 12v 200a battery option. Any thoughts? Thank you all in advance.

JR

$800 for 2450 watt hours seems high. You do get a BMS so that's nice, but you're talking about taking it apart and buying 2 more BMS units so that would increase the cost.

Have you looked into the 3.2v 280ah raw cells from China? You could make one 12 volt battery (3.2x4x280) with 3584 watt hours with a BMS for much cheaper with more storage. Although it does take a month or so to receive the cells so if time is of the essence this may not be an option. https://diysolarforum.com/threads/xuba-electronics-deal-280ah-lifepo4-cells-purchase-review.3850/

Is there a reason you are looking at this product specifically?

Last edited:
Thank you for the response GMB. Purchasing outside the US was going to take weeks and BigBattery warehouse was just 15minutes away and i can pick it up in 1 business day ( once cc payment gets approved). I try to support local/domestic businesses and outside as the last resort. As of right now, i'm just weighing in some options to add to my existing 12v system. I can't afford 24v system yet, plus, i am currently running just a few things. I appreciate the your time, thank you again.

Back