diy solar

diy solar

BatteryEvo vs. BigBattery

I've bought a few BigBattery products over the past few years and they have been solid and reliable. (Although granted, I did not seek tech support from them....)

A few months ago my email started receiving sale offers from Battery Evo that were full of "apparent" BigBattery products at massive discounts. They did a great job of passing themselves off as "the same company". But it seems they aren't.

Just received the following email:
Dear Valued Customer,We are writing to inform you about a data breach that occurred at BigBattery, Inc., and to provide you with the necessary details and actions we are taking in response for your protection. In July 2023, BigBattery experienced a security breach as a result of unauthorized access by a third party now identified as “BatteryEVO”. After a full investigation, the incident was traced to the owner of BatteryEVO (Xi Wang), operating out of a IT Asset Partners, Inc. battery recycling facility.

We want to assure you that protecting your data is our top priority, and we have upgraded to a more secure system to assure that this will never happen again. Although no payment processing information was accessible, we are sending you this email today with reason to believe that the information stolen could have included your name, email, phone number, and past products ordered from BigBattery. If you receive a call or email from BatteryEVO, Inc. please be aware that they have illegally acquired your contact information. We are pursuing both civil and criminal actions against BatteryEVO.com and GoITAP.com.

What We Know: View visual evidence of these points below in the following link: https://rb.gy/sim03w
  1. BatteryEVO (and its subsidiaries) operate out of a battery recycling facility that accepts used, damaged and recalled batteries located at 8966 Mason Ave, Chatsworth CA. 91311. See for yourself here: https://rb.gy/kvxsn1
  2. BatteryEVO have openly stated that their batteries are “Manufactured from Overstock, Repurposed, and Surplus Cells.” on their website (Wayback Machine, March 2023).
  3. BatteryEVO customers are calling our company confused, requesting repairs and replacements for these counterfeit products.
  4. BatteryEVO is infringing on BigBattery's fair business rights, trademarks and trademarked product names in an effort to sell a copy-cat substandard product.
  5. BatteryEVO is intentionally deceiving customers with mis-information falsely claiming to be the manufacturer of BigBattery products.
If you receive a call or email from BatteryEVO, Inc. or anyone selling BatteryEVO products; we advise you to inform the authorities linked below.
  • Federal Trade Commission (FTC): This is the primary agency for reporting consumer fraud and identity theft. You can file a complaint online at https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/.
  • Federal Communications Commission (FCC): If the calls are unwanted telemarketing calls, you can file a complaint with the FCC at https://www.donotcall.gov/.
  • U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP): If the gray market goods involve counterfeiting or trademark infringement, you can report them to CBP through their Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) hotline at 1-800-BE-ALERT (1-800-232-5378) or online at https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/e-commerce
  • National Consumers League: This non-profit organization provides information and resources for consumers, including how to report fraud. You can reach them at https://nclnet.org/.
  • Better Business Bureau (BBB): The BBB maintains a database of scam reports and can help you research companies before doing business with them. You can find your local BBB online at https://www.bbb.org/search.
BigBattery, Inc. is an American company, we have been manufacturing and supplying the highest quality lithium batteries in the United States and stand behind our (10) Year Warranty. With our state-of-the-art manufacturing, quality testing, and repair center, when you purchase BigBattery products, rest assured that your BigBattery is crafted from new, high-quality parts and components, rigorously tested and manufactured to the highest standards.

If you have been sold a product from BatteryEVO.com under false pretenses, we advise you to report this crime above and seek the appropriate remedy from the seller.

We understand the importance of maintaining your trust, and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact our dedicated customer support team at Support@BigBattery.com or call 1 (818) 280-3091. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation during this challenging time. Rest assured, we are committed to strengthening our security measures and legally prosecuting knock-off brands attempting to deceive the US consumers. Thank you for your continued support.

In an effort to keep you informed, we have included our initial announcement below.

Sincerely,

Eric Lundgren
CEO || BigBattery, Inc.

0c27dda3-fa4c-49b4-94e3-95a603eda6c1.png

21314 Lassen St.
Chatsworth, CA 91311

Last edited:
I just got the same thing! But weren't they the same company? I remember when I bought my batteries a few years back they had all the BatteryEvo employees in the same office. I even spoke with the same tech support guy at BB that I did when I called BatteryEvo to ask about this.

It seems more like a "mommy and daddy are fighting" situation, but I don't know what to think. Plus I reverse image searched BB's new batteries and they're just Chinese white label batteries, which they directly lied to me about.

So now I'm worried my original BB batteries are recycled or something and I don't know what to believe :(

I also bought from BigBattery and am confused as to what is going on. I am surprised not to find much information regarding this, since this isn't the beginning of the battle between these companies.

This all seems to have started back in July.

BatteryEvo goes independent
BatteryEvo states:
1. As of July 15th 2023 BatteryEVO has ceased manufacturing batteries for BigBattery.com and is no longer providing new or warranty parts to BigBattery.com

2. Though we don’t support any warranty included with BigBattery.com purchase, we do have available parts for sale directly from BatteryEVO should you need replacement parts for your BigBattery product.

3. BigBattery.com was a white label brand built solely on top of BatteryEvo’s existing product line, we have been in business for years prior to BigBattery.com.

4. BatteryEVO holds all of the product IP and has never authorized any 3rd party company to use our patents.

5. As always, BatteryEVO is proudly manufactured in America.
BatteryEvo components are indeed inside BigBattery products, as can be verified in several youtube videos of various teardowns of bigbatteries.

On September, I got this email from BigBattery (different email than the one today).
Warning About Counterfeit BigBattery Product

Dear BigBattery Customer,

You are receiving this email because you may have been contacted by a counterfeit company. This company has violated BigBattery’s Copyright and IP by copying our website, product names, metal cases, and attempting to profit from our likeness. This foreign-owned entity is fraudulently representing itself as a manufacturer for BigBattery, Inc.

These tactics are not allowed in the United States.

Addressing False Claims From the Counterfeit Company:
  • BigBattery is a true U.S. Manufacturer with its own production lines.
  • BigBattery’s supply chain has not been affected by this foreign-owned part broker.
  • BigBattery will continue to support all Parts Replacements, Services, & Support.
  • BigBattery holds all BigBattery Patents and IPs for our products.
  • According to the US Trademark Office, the “Counterfeit Company” holds no patents.

BigBattery is located here:

BatteryEvo lists their location as:

This is like a 5 minute drive away from each other. BatteryEvo's location appears as IT Asset Partners.

Clifford Eric Lundgren owns BigBattery.
Xi Wang owns BatteryEvo.

Clifford Eric Lundgren has a bit of a history, and was previously the CEO of IT Asset Partners. He also went to prison. I recommend reading into it as there is a story behind it.

I thought everyone knew big battery sold used refurbished cells in a shiny new packaging.

Rip it out of another used pack that didn’t pass QC or was returned, add new blue wrapper (if need be) and toss it in a new case.

Have you never seen people using 18650s from a laptop battery pack to build a power wall?

Maybe I’m wrong or are thinking of other vendors but big battery doesn’t seem to have the best reviews from customers posting concerns on this site.

I also bought from BigBattery and am confused as to what is going on. I am surprised not to find much information regarding this, since this isn't the beginning of the battle between these companies.

This all seems to have started back in July.

BatteryEvo goes independent
BatteryEvo states:

BatteryEvo components are indeed inside BigBattery products, as can be verified in several youtube videos of various teardowns of bigbatteries.

On September, I got this email from BigBattery (different email than the one today).

BigBattery is located here:

BatteryEvo lists their location as:

This is like a 5 minute drive away from each other. BatteryEvo's location appears as IT Asset Partners.

Clifford Eric Lundgren owns BigBattery.
Xi Wang owns BatteryEvo.

Clifford Eric Lundgren has a bit of a history, and was previously the CEO of IT Asset Partners. He also went to prison. I recommend reading into it as there is a story behind it.
To be fair, he went to prison for "pirating software" that microsoft made freely available a short time later. Not saying that it's ok, because at the time it was illegal, but.. It's not exactly the crime (or fraud) of the century, as the email makes it out to be.

He was selling the discs, vice did a show about him, BTW these were not some CD-R discs, these were factory pressed cds with Microsoft Logos and everything that he was having made in China and sold with his refurbished pcs. Microsoft warned him multiple times to stop he told them to pound sand.

20 ft. boat. I had to rebuild my 2 Badgers after submersion. I opened them and found Samsung modules and EVO BMS. I bought new modules in China perfect and new BMS from Bigbattery. Unfortunately I didn't get the 16-pin conn. fully in and it seems to have killed one new BMS. Already bought one from Supower. Good co. Will not buy these things in USA again. You throw away 75%+ of your money. People nice and knowledgeable. After 5 purchases, Zero problems.

Back