diy solar

diy solar

BatteryEvo vs BigBattery Fighting ??? Data Leak???

powerboi1993

hi

Long time lurker, first time poster. I created this account to ask this question:

I just got an email from BigBattery saying there was a data leak and that BatteryEvo stole their data or something and they were being sued.

Weren't they just the same company? Like, my Big Battery battery has a BatteryEvo logo or whatever on the inside. Plus, Evo has a lot of the same employees I remember talking to...so I'm worried. They're saying my batteries might be recycled or something and I am worried.

Did anyone else see this?

- Tommy

I just got an email from BigBattery saying there was a data leak and that BatteryEvo stole their data or something and they were being sued.
Controversy seems to surround the BigBattery CEO. He spent some time in jail for copyright infringement so I am not surprised even though I do not know the details of this latest fiasco. They are both located within a few blocks of each other in Chatsworth, California.

Controversy seems to surround the BigBattery CEO. He spent some time in jail for copyright infringement so I am not surprised even though I do not know the details of this latest fiasco. They are both located within a few blocks of each other in Chatsworth, California.
They told me originally (I write all this stuff down due to OCD) that they moved to Chatsworth specifically because of their partnership with BatteryEvo and now all of a sudden they want me to believe they barely know them as a simple "parts manufacturer"

I imagine BB is tired of me calling back asking for more information every time I find a different inconsistency but its really making me worried about my existing batteries from them. Do we think this is just a way for BB to get out of honoring their warranties or something?

They told me originally ..... that they moved to Chatsworth specifically because of their partnership with BatteryEvo and now all of a sudden they want me to believe they barely know them as a simple "parts manufacturer"
I think they have been in Chatsworth for a long time.

Battery Evo has some deep discounts on their 14kwh battery for $2,987.67. Think it’s called the Rhino just like Big Battery. Very weird most of their products share the same name.

I was going to post this same question several days ago when I noticed i was getting emails from BatteryEVO out of the blue having never dealt with them before.

I bought my leaf battery pack from bigbattery years ago

This was in an email from EVO back in sep
  1. As of July 15th 2023 BatteryEVO has ceased manufacturing batteries for BigBattery.com and is no longer providing new or warranty parts to BigBattery.com.

2. Though we don’t support any warranty included with BigBattery.com purchases, we do have available parts for sale directly from BatteryEVO should you need replacement parts for your BigBattery.com product.

3. BigBattery.com was a white label brand built solely on top of BatteryEVO’s existing product line. We have been in business for years prior to BigBattery.com.

4. BatteryEVO holds all of the product IP and has never authorized any 3rd party company to use our patents.

5. As always, BatteryEVO is proudly manufactured in America.

And also this

We would like to invite you to explore the inside of your BigBattery.com Battery. Inside, you will find BatteryEVO branding on the major components of your battery, no matter which model or year it was manufactured. This is because BatteryEVO has always been the manufacturer of all BigBattery.com batteries.

We are sending you this email to clarify any misconception that might have been communicated to you in regard to our relationship with BigBattery.com.

We are saddened that you, the customer, have been exposed to misinformation in regard to BatteryEVO and felt it appropriate to set the record straight.

Important Information​

As of July 2023 we are no longer supplying any spare warranty parts to BigBattery.com if you are in need of warranty or believe you might soon, we strongly suggest that you contact BigBattery.com for your warranty claim while they might still have some left over warranty parts.

Then From Bigbattery within days
You are receiving this email because you may have been contacted by a counterfeit company. This company has violated BigBattery’s Copyright and IP by copying our website, product names, metal cases, and attempting to profit from our likeness. This foreign-owned entity is fraudulently representing itself as a manufacturer for BigBattery, Inc.

These tactics are not allowed in the United States.
BigBattery, Inc. has reported these crimes to law enforcement and has filed a civil lawsuit against the company and its foreign owner. In an effort to keep you safe, it is important that we notify you of these illegal activities. We're not just protecting our brand but, more importantly, safeguarding the trust and quality assurance you expect from us.

BigBattery's 10-year warranty is and will continue to be supported. If you have any questions regarding your product, warranty, or how this may impact you, please contact Support@BigBattery.com.

and of course the email today about a "data breach"

So I dont know whats going on.

I've been receiving quite a few emails as well and, quite honestly I thought these were the same companies... I asked once before and remember being told that Battery Evo was their "parts division". Very strange...

evo.jpg

Last edited:
Hey LithiumSolar,

I remember you did a video where you did a tear down of big battery and it had scratched off QR codes on the cells do you have a link to that? I'm pretty sure all of bigbattery cells are grade B including the ones will got that leaked. Looks like bigbattery main supplier cut ties with them and decided to go out on there own. I have seen this before where a Chinese firm will give the U.S. reseller the boot and cut-ties believing they can go after the market themselves.

Back