diy solar

diy solar

Blue Sun BSE6KL1 to Megarevo R6KL1

roger guiver

Big problem!

I purchased direct from BlueSun a R6KL1 plus 3 three 100ah batteries.

I setup as per the limited instructions but kept getting two errors, 03 Battery Under Vol and 04 Battery Low Capacity.

Blue Sun were no help.

There was a suggestion online that this unit was a re-badged Megarevo R6KL1. Megarevo contacted and they agreed and suggested I update the inverter to their latest firmware update which they carried out online.

Still getting the 03 and 04 error messages but now (with the latest firmware) there are a number of extra additions to the Sys Setting menu in the Inverter menus but they are all outside my "comfort zone".

I had been operating in what is now called "Self Consume" but having changed my energy provider to Octopus as they offered a tariff of 30p/KW but reducing to 9p/KW between 00.30 and 04.30 I changed to "Peak Shift" selecting the charging time to the 00.30/04.30 period and the discharging period outside that period (06.00/23.30).

The first night two of the three batteries charged to 100% and the third to about 40%. Sadly the only other change was that even with this charge in the batteries the inverter would not provide any power to supplement/take over the grid supply to our home. Reverted to "Self Consume" but still no activity (output) from the inverter. I am hoping I have simply not got the numerous settings correct.

Hopefully it is associated with this issue is that one of the 100% charged batteries has come up with a fail light. The very limited battery manual does talk of perhaps an overcharged battery!!?? Obviously with the inverter drawing any current from the batteries I can't troubleshoot this error.

Hopefully someone on the excellent forum can help.

Too many things at once.
Need to simplify the discussion.
Lets start with Batteries: do you own a digital multi meter (if not get one you can't work on electrical stuff without being able to test it) Check the DC voltage of each battery. Report back.

OffGridFor Good,

Have a good digital multimeter, recorded the following

Bat 1 53V
Bat 2 52.9V
Bat 3 53V

Bat 1 showing fully charged
Bat 2 14%
Bat 3 fully charged

To try and charge Bat 2, disconnected Bats 1+3, changed dip switches on bat 2 to be host. Selected work mode to Bat Priority. Bat 2 registering charging at 25A, then error "Low Vol", charge reduced to 0.2A

Much appreciate your support

OffGridFor Good,

Have a good digital multimeter, recorded the following

Bat 1 53V
Bat 2 52.9V
Bat 3 53V

Bat 1 showing fully charged
Bat 2 14%
Bat 3 fully charged

To try and charge Bat 2, disconnected Bats 1+3, changed dip switches on bat 2 to be host. Selected work mode to Bat Priority. Bat 2 registering charging at 25A, then error "Low Vol", charge reduced to 0.2A

Much appreciate your support
Okay, so a voltage of 52.0-53 is not 'low voltage' clearly.
do we know if you packs are 16s or 15s - just to get that possibility off the table, and that all three packs are the same?

Also - I am sure I could find it online, but just post the manual for the Bluesun/Megarevo so we can see all the settings to check.
What are you using as the low voltage cut off voltage? 48v?

Will try and find out regarding the 15/16 packs.

The batteries are all the same, again Blue Sun, but with no part number.

Here is the link, does it help?

As this was a rebadged Megarevo R6KL1, when they converted the firmware remotely to the latest Megarevo version the settings are different to the Blue Sun version. Have not been able to source a R6KL1 manual.

I presume somewhere in the settings this "low voltage cutoff voltage" must be "alterable". Will continue to look.

Last edited:
Hi Roger Guiver. Newbie here on the forum. Were you able to get this issue resolved? I recently purchased a BlueSun system with the 8k inverter and 4 batteries and I am getting the 03 error as well. It only occurs when multiple batteries are connected.

Hoping you can help.

Hi Roger Guiver. Newbie here on the forum. Were you able to get this issue resolved? I recently purchased a BlueSun system with the 8k inverter and 4 batteries and I am getting the 03 error as well. It only occurs when multiple batteries are connected.

Hoping you can help.
Check the dipswitches and communication cables between the batteries. In the inverter the battery configuration is lithium and cam. I hope you can solve it.

Hoping you can help.
20240608_113548.jpg

diy solar

diy solar
Back