diy solar

diy solar

BLUEPOWER IP6048 - The New SunGoldPower 48V Hybrid Competitor to the MPPSolar LVX6048WP

Hi, I've restarted my project and this IP6048 is still giving me grief.
Could you point me to the firmware update procedure please?
Also a link to the

would be great.
I bought and tried several with zero luck. Maybe I'm connecting them to a wrong port :LOL:
I have configured it via screen and it worked for a day from battery only. Doesn't want to charge...

Thank you

PS: the inverter shows 2 to 5AMP less than the meter for battery discharge current.
When doing AC pass through this thing is consuming 5A from the battery. And its not "combining power" from grid and battery - I can see the apms coming in from grid and going out to transfer switch are about the same (have only one meter). So the battery drain is just extra 250W - no wander the fans are going nuts - all this heat has to go somewhere.
Sorry for the late reply. They instructed that I do the following:
"Please upgrade your inverter software 1.34 first, then upgrade the software (14.15)"

The adapter I purchased that works with the unit is: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0B2RJ77NX/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Finally, the update adds two items to the config profile. Here is their manual page addition:

1706037861331.png

This is what Sungoldpower told me yesterday when I asked about new firmware.

Currently, we don't have a new universal firmware for every IP6048. Usually, we make new specific software for specific inverter issues.

Because they're writing their software in such a way that fixing one issue causes other issues. So they don't feel confident in releasing something to the public since it will invariably break a lot of stuff.

I just got mine going. I'm getting fault error F03. Anyone experienced that?

I just got mine going. I'm getting fault error F03. Anyone experienced that?
According to the manual (cool place to look for errors by the way) it means :

On a tp6048
The battery voltage is too high.

On an ip6048
Line frequency high loss
Grid frequency is too high.

or it can mean on an ip6048
BUS soft start time - possible Internal components failed.(Please contact your installer)

Last edited:
According to the manual (cool place to look for errors by the way) it means :

On an ip6048
Line frequency high loss
Grid frequency is too high.

My manual doesn't say this one.

I don't know what I did exactly , but I got it to go away.

Now I'm getting error 13. But I have it in grid tie mode (without backup) and I don't have a battery connected

Ahh if its like the tp6048 I have you will always have a battery error/warning with no battery connected. Doesn't effect anything it just fusses about it all the time :)

Mine complained all the time till I added a battery.

In the IP6048 manual lcd setting is Grid tied, but Warning codes are on pg 53 and 13 is Battery voltage low, Fault codes are on pg 54

I couldn't get it to work under grid tie mode. It kept giving Fault 13 (on top of the battery error). But I got it to work under hybrid mode, for now.

It was on for one day and the day production, week production and total production are different on the inverter.

This is such a capable inverter. For $1500, it has a lot of features. The MPPT tracking seems to work good also (assuming the numbers on the inverter are correct). One of the panels gets a little shade towards the end of the day. The voltage dropped but the production was still good. I'm assuming that's the bypass diode kicking in and the MPPT actually sensed it and picked the best voltage

But unfortunately the software really is terrible. And the app even worse. I underestimated all the warnings about this. Is it worth it to deal with the software problems to save a couple thousand dollars? Probably. But I should have gone with the MPP Solar LVX6048WP. It's the same inverter, and same price but I'm sure the software is better.

This.

Solar Assistant is what I use to do my of the administration with mine. There are some times I still need to deal with it more directly though.

In the mornings, when the solar turns on for the first time and it clicks to turn on the grid back feeding, it trips my breaker. Then when I reset it, it clicks fine and works fine for the rest of the day.

Is this because I turned it off over night to conserve energy?

Are the fans supposed to be on continuously no matter what without getting faster or slower?

On mine they're on constantly, not crazy loud but I wouldn't want to share a room with it. I haven't used them in the summer yet so I don't know what happens when it really gets pushed hard.

Back