diy solar

diy solar

bluetti ac200 with rich solar 200 watt panels.

Smack3

I am another newbie trying to clarify somethings so I do not let the smoke out of my new investment. I ordered a bluetti ac200 and 2- 200watt/24volt panels from rich solar (rsm200d), but i am considering ordering 2 more panels to max out the input of the bluetti and reduce charging time. I have read several other threads that seem to have conflicting info. I think the setup i want is 2s2p that hopefully will provide 90.8 Voc and 10.64 amp input that is close to the limit if my diagram is correct. I read in one post that you CAN overpanel with more watts and the bluetti will just ignore the overage, and then i saw another answer that said it will fry the bluetti ac200 if you try to push past the 700watt limit. can someone confirm before i order two more panels? I have not received any of the above yet so i cannot really test anything at this point. Also if my drawing is wrong please correct me about the math and how serial vs parallel is calculated. By the way, this is an awesome forum and i am learning a lot but not quite there so any help is appreciated.

link to rich solar panels https://richsolar.com/products/200-watt-24-volt-solar-panel
1627236929955.png
1627236970624.png

Attachments

• bluetti plus rich solar 200watt panels.jpg
    bluetti plus rich solar 200watt panels.jpg
    236.4 KB · Views: 7
So, try to find the thermal properties for these rich solar panels. It's going to say something like these ratings are good for 25 C, but for each degree C below 25, voltage increases .3%. So, if these panels will be set up when its freezing out, the voltage could climb to above 100. Not sure what your Bluetti is rated for max voltage.

The only limit, I read in your post is 700 watts. Although your 800 watts of panels will not likely produce 700 watts, for short ideal periods of time, my panels have exceeded 100% output, so your could also. I don't know if that will hurt a product, but I try to stick to the limits in the tech data.

Edit: Over Voltage is generally accepted as the wrong thing to do. Overpanelling there's some debate. When there's debate I like to stick to the product manual in case I ever have to file a warranty claim.

I am running my AC200P with 3 325W solar panels in series. Voc is 40.87 and Vmp is 33.97 per panel.

That makes a total Voc of 122V a Vmp of 101V and 975W of solar.

The mppt of the AC200P cuts of at 720W and i am well under the allowed maximum of 150 volt.
I think your planned setup should be ok.

So, try to find the thermal properties for these rich solar panels. It's going to say something like these ratings are good for 25 C, but for each degree C below 25, voltage increases .3%. So, if these panels will be set up when its freezing out, the voltage could climb to above 100. Not sure what your Bluetti is rated for max voltage.

The only limit, I read in your post is 700 watts. Although your 800 watts of panels will not likely produce 700 watts, for short ideal periods of time, my panels have exceeded 100% output, so your could also. I don't know if that will hurt a product, but I try to stick to the limits in the tech data.

Edit: Over Voltage is generally accepted as the wrong thing to do. Overpanelling there's some debate. When there's debate I like to stick to the product manual in case I ever have to file a warranty claim.
Chrisski,
thanks for your reply. According to the bluetti website, Voc should be between 35-150 So if my diagram math is correct voltage for 2 panels in series should be 90.8 and then 2 arrays in parallel should produce 10.6 amps which is under 12amps. I am not sure my math is correct but based on what I think I learned so far it should be, but I am looking for someone to confirm To be sure, or correct me if I am wrong. I understand your cautionary approach and appreciate your input. I am not sure how watts and amps are related but the manual says it will ignore anything greater than 12 amps so I am not sure if that also means it will ignore watts greater than 700. This screenshot is from their website.

Attachments

• B6DEBA86-9412-40E1-AADD-AA0E07FABDC7.png
    B6DEBA86-9412-40E1-AADD-AA0E07FABDC7.png
    619 KB · Views: 9
I am running my AC200P with 3 325W solar panels in series. Voc is 40.87 and Vmp is 33.97 per panel.

The mppt of the AC200P cuts of at 720W and i am well under the allowed maximum of 150 volt.
Solar builder, thanks for the reply. That makes me feel better that you are doing something similar. I was also trying to verify my diagram math was correct. So far nobody has corrected me so…. I read that panels in series adds volts together and arrays in parallel adds amp values together In which case my diagram should be correct?..

Your diagram is correct.

With 90 volt, and 10 amps you are under the allowed maximum of 150 volt and 12 amp.

What are you using your system for?

Back