diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti AC200p AC charging with a Drok adjustable switch power supply issue.

sonofcops

Hello all, Just joined the forum and this is the first post. This is what I am trying to accomplish. Charge an AC200p while driving, through a Bestek 300 watt inverter. Since the power supply that comes with the unit sends 390 watts or so I wanted to lower the watts to about 200-250. I purchased a Drok and wired it up with a 8mm to the AC200p. The Bluetti sees the supply coming in AC but even at 51.7 volts showing on the Drok and AC200, the amps show 0.2 on the AC200 which is about 10 watts. This test was done with house power. Not sure what the next step is. Thanks for any input with this issue.

To charge the AC200 reliably and easily when driving, dont use the AC power supply, use the solar input and select 12V in the menu, and use the 12v from the vehicle. This will only give you 100W of recharging power. The AC input is looking for 58.8 VDC. It appears you are trying to go from DC to AC and back to DC. Each time you convert, you lose a certain % of power due to inefficiencies in the conversion process. That bestek is rated for 300W if able to pull 25A @ 12V from your vehicle battery. *Most of those ports have only a 10A fuse. Which means 10A x 13.5V = 135W. In order to see 300W, you would need 25A @ 12v. A Bestek 500W inverter might/should be able to power the AC brick, but will need to be directly wired (with 40A fuse) to vehicle battery.

Back