diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti Ac300 or Ecoflow Delta Pro home backup + also portable advice?

Miklude

Hello everyone,
I’ve been looking into larger (portable) power as opposed to something fixed to the house.
I’ve noticed Bluetti and Ecoflow are coming out with larger systems for home backup etc(3000+ kw).
Has anyone had any experience with these brands and their reliability + customer service??
Or might you know of other Brands (local) with similar specs more reliable ?

I was looking at the Bluetti AC300 and the Ecoflow Delta Pro

Bluetti and EcoFlow are the most established brands that offer these large semi-portable power stations. Most other brands are unknowns for support, company longevity, and ability to deliver if it's a crowd funding campaign. Both AC300 and Delta Pro have their Pros and Cons. The AC300 has some additional features such as faster solar charging and the ability to charge the external batteries separately from the main unit. However, the AC300 main unit has no built-in battery itself so it's really just a SCC (Solar Charge Controller) and Inverter and relies on an externally connected battery (that in itself has pros/cons). The Delta Pro has a more powerful inverter (which was important to me) and more efficient inverter and DC outputs. I ordered a Delta Pro during the crowd funding campaign, so the cost difference was huge for Wh/$ which swayed my decision toward EcoFlow. I've never had an EcoFlow, so never had to dealt with their customer service. I emailed them during the campaign and received responses within a few days. I do have a Bluetti AC50s, but also never had to deal with customer service. At their normal prices, I think the Wh/$ is comparable (haven't actually done a comparison, but likely not too far off). I don't think you'd go wrong with either one.

I have a EcoFlow Delta 1300, with a Pro on order from Kickstarter. My use case is for home backup, and to take to a camp house to run lights/well pump/propane fridge(12v)/TV and other things to make life fun in the woods. I justify the cost for home backup after the winter storm that hit last year for us in Texas, and getting double duty out of it for camping.

I can power all my 120 plugs in my house (& gas heat) with my EcoFlow. AC/Stove/Oven (240) appliances are not an option unless I were to get another EcoFlow Delta Pro, and I can't justify that, even with my most twisted self-serving logic.

For sustained emergency home backup using my EcoFlow, see my other post here:

I have not had to talk to customer service.

Hello-we have been managing but just barely with a Jackery 500 to fire up our on-demand water heater and a Jackery 300 for other small loads (coffee grinders, WiFi router) during power outages. Wanting to pick up some other loads like fridge and septic pump (120v) we ordered a Bluetti AC300 and B300 battery. We’ve been waiting and there have been damages and delays. But, customer service insures us they are reinforcing the batteries at the factory now and others have reported receiving very well packaged equipment. Will’s feedback on these units after a long test period has keep us hanging in there and optimistic for good results.
Kinda wish we had ordered two batteries but maybe in the future. No experience here with Delta Eco products.

Back