diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti EB5000 Solar & Hernia Generator

Forbisher

Փփքխմպձժճֆըվմ
Yep the EB5000 is rather large so it is on wheels and ships on a pallet.
Looks like a hernia if you have to lift one and not really made to go in a vehicle.
2000w inverter.
Sneak glimpse at the very end of the AC200P review video by the guy that reneged on setting his AC200 on fire and now won't even drop his AC200P off the back of a truck.
I wonder if the eb5000 is going on Indiegogo?

Nice find. Looks pretty slick actually. I hope they don't put that thing on IGG, especially considering they appear to at least have a prototype already. Would be yet another IGG mess.

Very interested to see the price point. I think anything with a 3 in front of it would make it very competitive. Once they get into the $4,000 range, might as well look at the Yeti 6000X instead.

Nice find again. Pretty impressive specs .... and that fusion box looks neat. But Kickstarter ... blech. Definitely at least $4000 I would think.

Seems to be some confusion regarding when it will launch on Kickstarter as they struggle to update their various websites and social media. Most pages say March 16 but Maxoak's Facebook page states it will go live on Kickstarter February 16.

Nice find. Looks pretty slick actually. I hope they don't put that thing on IGG, especially considering they appear to at least have a prototype already. Would be yet another IGG mess.

Very interested to see the price point. I think anything with a 3 in front of it would make it very competitive. Once they get into the $4,000 range, might as well look at the Yeti 6000X instead.
Final Kickstarter price has yet to be determined, but Bluetti Rep saids it will be under $2800.

Final Kickstarter price has yet to be determined, but Bluetti Rep saids it will be under $2800.

It's a bit buried but if you believe Bluetti's website and their email newsletter signup text on https://www.bluetti.com/pages/ep500-p, it's going to be "$2599(32% OFF)". That would be a killer deal at $0.51/Wh. But yes, I definitely agree with other posters that it's a total gamble, especially as a not-really-crowdfunded crowdfunded project.

Been funny to see all of the paid "influencers" posting about this. My favorite is https://www.thetrendyblog.net/bluetti-ep500-power-sation-feature-review/. This doofus did a "review" based on the press release and company-provided details and even gave it a numerical rating. How can you review a product (let alone quantitatively) without having hands on it ?!?!

Weighs 145lbs and I dont see any handles.
Gotta love the 999 bs.
$2800 is pushing it for me as only a 30% discount.
AC200 was a 45% discount.

1200w solar input but no specs on battery voltage, Ahs
Solar input voltage. Etc.
5100wh LFP battery is a lot to charge.

Price finally confirmed:

EP500: MSRP: US $3999 aka $4000
Super early bird perk: $2799 (including taxes, free shipment in the U.S.), 30% OFF, $1200 OFF.
($2599 is the price excluded taxes)

EP500 Pro: MSRP: $4799
Super early bird perk: $3699 (including taxes, free shipment in the U.S.), 23% OFF, $1100 OFF.
*The shipment cost for Europe, Britain, and Canada is still under calculation and will be published later on Kickstarter.

Other than big battery capacity, the EP500 Pro's quick recharge is its best feature. Unfortunately I'll have to pay for features I don't need (bigger inverter, higher solar power capacity) to get fast charging but even so it's a good value. My use case is hurricane power backup with generator charging. EDIT: The standard EP500 can be fast charged by using the AC and PV ports simultaneously but then I'll have to buy a 1200 W high voltage DC power supply.

Last edited:
Anybody figure out how they're able to get 6000 W from two Pros with the split phase combiner box plugged into 20 A outlets? They would have to push 25 A to get 6000 W.

Anybody figure out how they're able to get 6000 W from two Pros with the split phase combiner box plugged into 20 A outlets? They would have to push 25 A to get 6000 W.
240V / 4000W from the US Spec plug, euro spec plugs are more fun.

Back