diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti says I can’t connect PV200 and SP200 in parallel, do you agree?

Drivenwon

I asked this on the Bluetti community forum and also called their tech support. Both times they told me that these two panels can’t be connected in parallel or series. They are saying “the internal circuitry of the solar panels is not consistent from model to model and that the connection may cause unknown risk and not work properly.” I have both and want to parallel them together for my AC200MAX, and connect in series to my MPP lv2424 when using it remotely away from my home array. I’m very tempted to try but I don’t want to short anything out on either panel due to their cost. Has anyone done this or know why I shouldn’t based on the specs below?

The specs for the SP200 are:
Vmp 20v
Imp 10a
Voc 24v
Short circuit current 11a

The PV200 are:
Vmp 20.5v
Imp 9.7a
Voc 26.1v
Short circuit current 10.3a

I get that the limits for parallel will be limited to 20v and 19.4a, and in series they would be limited to 40v and 9.7a, but I don’t understand why they are saying to not connect them?

I think they are just covering themselves. The voltages and amps are close enough. I have 3 400 and 3 375 panels all connected in series and they work just fine but of course I'm losing some power from the 400s (couldn't get 6 400s or 6 375s at the time) but overall I'm gaining and only have one inverter so it is what it is.

Back