diy solar

diy solar

Can I connect these Solar Panels in series

Easyyokefilms

Hello guys. I was wondering, can I connect the following non identical panels in Series. I know there will be loss of effeciency but I just need to squize out all the power I can get pending the time I will get another charge controller and separate the panels.

Panel A - Vmp: 40.9v
Imp: 6A

Panel B - Vmp: 25v
Imp: 8A

I want to know if this is safe to connect together in series before I smoke any component. Like I said I know this wont be 100% efficient but can I safely connect them together in series to give me 65.9v, 6A(if my calculation is correct) Since voltage are added in series and the lowest Amp of the panels is used.

Yes, but the 8A panel will be limited to 6A by Panel A as you indicate, so it's rated output will be reduced by 25%. If a 160W panel, it will perform no better than 120W.

Yes, but the 8A panel will be limited to 6A by Panel A as you indicate, so it's rated output will be reduced by 25%. If a 160W panel, it will perform no better than 120W.
Like I said, I know the output will be reduced, I just want to be sure nothing will give off smoke(I want to know if it is safe) if I connect the 40V to the 25v together in series

Like I said, I know the output will be reduced, I just want to be sure nothing will give off smoke(I want to know if it is safe) if I connect the 40V to the 25v together in series

Hello guys. I was wondering, can I connect the following non identical panels in Series.

Back