diy solar

diy solar

Bluetti

BossHawk

Can someone explain how to connect my AC 200 Max to my RV DC system? How can I run my DC system without the rv charge converter? With the converter it use 325 watts with nothing else running and the Bluetti goes dead a few hours?

Can someone explain how to connect my AC 200 Max to my RV DC system? How can I run my DC system without the rv charge converter? With the converter it use 325 watts with nothing else running and the Bluetti goes dead a few hours?

So @BossHawk if you provide more or detailed information we can be of more assistance.

AIO units can be a great solution for some RVs, but like any choice there are Pros & Cons. Maybe these AIOs are made better now, but a major “Con” IMO is 12vdc charge rate.

Has that now changed ?

We would need to know what your RV DC system is 🤷‍♂️?

One solution could be, RV DC to 120vac to AC 200 Max

But how do I wire the Bluetti into the rv 12 volt system so the Bluetti is powering the rv dc system?

So @BossHawk if you provide more or detailed information we can be of more assistance.

AIO units can be a great solution for some RVs, but like any choice there are Pros & Cons. Maybe these AIOs are made better now, but a major “Con” IMO is 12vdc charge rate.

Has that now changed ?

We would need to know what your RV DC system is 🤷‍♂️?

One solution could be, RV DC to 120vac to AC 200 Max
What I want to do is use the Bluetti in place of the rv batteries.

Looks like you have a few 12vdc outputs;

03) the 30 amp 12vdc output is probably your best option.

Again, I know nothing of your RV system, so YMMV.

If your RV 12vdc distribution panel/fuse block is less than 30amps total required then I suppose you could disconnect the house rv batteries & connect the AIO to the fuse block.

But without specific information from you, I am really flying blind here.

Best info from you would be a RV electrical schematic if you have one & can post it.

Last edited:
Another “Con” with some older AIO units is the “Self Battery Consuming” standby energy used.

I don’t have the AC 200 Max specs. Do you know how long it will last “turned on” but with nothing being energized from it ?

This type of unit is intended for 10 - 20 amps of 12 volt DC (total output)

In order to tap into this, you use a fuse block or terminal block and distribute it around the van. Something like this:

Keep in mind, that these units are really designed for providing 120 vac at a picnic or campsite and some single use DC appliance, like a fridge, not really for powering significant 12 volt DC loads. Charging a phone with the USB port.

If you need more "12 volt" load capability, then the usual method is to use a 120 vac in - 13 volt out "converter". Feed this into your fuse block.

Yes it will run down much faster than you like, but that is the nature of the beast.

If you have a lot of 12 volt loads, then a conventional build setup is more similar to your goals.

This type of unit is intended for 10 - 20 amps of 12 volt DC (total output)
... not really for powering significant 12 volt DC loads.
I agree that these types of units aren't really ideal for hardwiring into an RV or Cabin to pull big DC loads, but most 12VDC loads aren't big.
(obviously if you count running an inverter off of DC then that's a huge load, but in this case that doesn't count because you would just use the inverter of the power station)

And the AC200Max has a [/b]30 Amp[/b] 12v output, btw.
I power my whole cabins lights, radio and all USB devices charging off of that one "aviation" output.

I agree that these types of units aren't really ideal for hardwiring into an RV or Cabin to pull big DC loads, but most 12VDC loads aren't big.
(obviously if you count running an inverter off of DC then that's a huge load, but in this case that doesn't count because you would just use the inverter of the power station)

And the AC200Max has a [/b]30 Amp[/b] 12v output, btw.
I power my whole cabins lights, radio and all USB devices charging off of that one "aviation" output.

I agree - these types of units can be very useful. I also understand where the 30 amps of 12 volt limit comes from as I have built my own power stations kind of like this.

It is a change in throught process though for people in RVs who are used to running almost everything off of 12 volt DC. The RVs can hit 50 amps of real 12 volt loads very fast.

They have to change their concepts of how things are done and use more 120 vac to make this type of unit work.

Last edited:
The RVs can hit 50 amps of real 12 volt loads very fast.
Fair enough, I hadn't really thought that.

I guess people don't really want to be conscious about power usage when they're trying to be on vacation and relax, they just want to hit a button and have things work.

So with a Bluetti (at least the 200 series) they will likely need to be a little bit more energy conscious.
Or just know enough in advance/ have the wherewithal to run any large loads off of AC instead.

Last edited:
Fair enough, I hadn't really thought that.

I guess people don't really want to be conscious about power usage when they're trying to be on vacation and relax, they just want to hit a button and have things work.

So with a Bluetti (at least the 200 series) they will likely need to be a little bit more energy conscious.
Or just know enough in advance/ have the wherewithal to run any large loads off of AC instead.

Hi @Andrewr05

I was looking at your footer 😁, and was thinking;

There is “The Jackery” & then there is “The Janky” ,,, I especially like the 1/2 A Model

The Janky 0.500

Back