diy solar

diy solar

BMS Comm Fault - Growatt SPH4~10k TL3 BH to BETTENERGY Elebox-HV

wave

Hi,

I am installing a Growatt SPH4~10k TL3 Hybrid inverter and a BETTENERGY Elebox-HV battery (17.9KW).
The BETTENERGY Elebox-HV has it's own BMS with CAN support and the SPH4~10k TL3 inverter has a CAN port so I am trying to use CAN for communications between both devices.
However, the Growatt SPH4~10k TL3 is reporting a BMS Communications fault, even when nothing is plugged into it's CAN port.
I also have a Eastron SDM630 V3 smart meter installed and plugged into the Meter port on the SPH4~10k TL3 inverter.
I was thinking maybe I have an CAN address issue.
I can't see any CAN/Communication configuration options on the Growatt inverter apart from a RS485 port config option.
The BETTENERGY Elebox-HV battery has no display for reporting issues.

The Growatt dashboard log reports the following:
SPH failed to communication with lithium battery.1:Depend on BMS error code 2:Check the connection of lithium Battery and inverter is good or not. 3:If error message still exists,contact manufacturer.

Anybody any ideas?

Thanks,
Stephen

@wave

Did you ever resolve this issue, I got the same error message:
1:Depend on BMS error code 2:Check the connection of lithium Battery and inverter is good or not. 3:If error message still exists,contact manufacturer.
My setup is:
Growatt SPH6000
Growatt GBLI 6532 LV Battery

I have accedently connected the GBLI battery RJ45 PCS output to the inverter RJ45 RS485 port.
The Growatt batteries has to be connected to the CAN port and thrid-Party batteries must be connected to the RS485 port.

Last edited:
Update:
I know what I have done wrong.
Growatt batteries have to be connected to inverters CAN port interface.
All third-party batteries have to use the RS485 port.

But still my inverter will not recognise my battery.

Back