diy solar

diy solar

BMS-communication problem 2 Growatt spf5000es with 3 Pylontec US3000 TAB

marbella

Hello everybody, please HELP!!!
I run 2 Growatt spf5000es with 3 Pylontech US3000 TAB since several month without ever rebooting them.
The BMS-communication was running fine on Li and I got proper % Values. so far all perfect.:)
I have 2 white Wifi -F sticks configured correctly and got reasonable data every 5 Minutes via the shine Phone App.😎

Recently we overloaded the 10kVA Capacity and the inverters went on Overload F09 and switched off!:(
First I had problems deleting and restarting but when I finally switched the batteries off
RESTART went ok but after the Reboot I had a F04 and F20 Communication error!

I am now about 12 hours trying to reconfigure the BMS Communication again.
It worked with Protokoll L52 and using the CAN-Bus (upper middle pylontec)with a all wire Ethernet cable without crossing.

the firmware displayed at boot is 113 01 C05 and 114 01 C05 that appears to be rather new, I never updated it but the Inverters are from 2023

Did GROWATT update my inverters behind my back and produced this incompatibility?

firmware.png
According to different sources the Firmware changes the BMS Control, maybe even the pinout. btw The Manual has a wrong graphic numbering on the RJ45 Jack. The error is consistent in English Spanish and German Manual.
pinout.jpeg
After studying the subject I came to the conclusion that BOTH, Growatt and pylontec can either use CAN Bus or RS485
assuming the cable, dip switches and RJ45 socket are correctly set but there is a lot of confusion about the cable without 123,
cable with only 2 wires, cable with crossing, so I measured the pins 1&2 from SPF that have around 3.9 VDC, plus on 1

As expected there is also a resistance between 4&5 where the Can bus should be on the plug 09 (BMS) at SPF

to make things a bit more weird Pylontecs BMS has the red Dip Switch Upside down, so 1 is at the right and on downwards
pylotech dip switch.jpg

I understand that the dip Switches are only checked once at the boot sequence of the battery so a full shutdown (black switches) is necessary!

Update just fopund this about typ A and Typ B cables on pylontec diferent versions need different cables
like US3000 or US3000C

pylontec canbus.pngI understand that for the 485 Comminication you need a cable that connects

growatt pin 1 (485B) to Pylons Pin 8 and
growatts pin 2 (485A)to pylons pin 7

while for Canbus
4-4 Can-H
5-5 Can-L

correct ??

Last edited:
Back