diy solar

diy solar

BMS error 301

vikumj

My battery SOC % is set to 94% roughly 53.4V.
But even after charging is completed and 00 Amps are transmitted from inverter, battery voltage keeps climbing up to 54.5V an BMS cuts off with the error code 301.
Inverter is Growatt SPH 5000.
Battery is 51.2V 200A.

Can anyone here help me out to figure out what causes this issue?
TIA!

Pictures of voltages of cells, battery percentage and system voltage are attached below for a better understanding.

Attachments

• IMG_0543.jpeg
    IMG_0543.jpeg
    89.3 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0544.jpeg
    IMG_0544.jpeg
    85.4 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0545.jpeg
    IMG_0545.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0546.jpeg
    IMG_0546.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0547.jpeg
    IMG_0547.jpeg
    65.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0548.jpeg
    IMG_0548.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_0550.jpeg
    IMG_0550.jpeg
    65.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_0549.jpeg
    IMG_0549.jpeg
    67.5 KB · Views: 10
The power is coming from somewhere. Check with a multi-meter. I suspect your inverter is still raising the voltage.

Do yo have any other charging devices connected?

Are you only charging to 53.4 volts? That is very low for LFP batteries, if that's what you have. Usually the battery won't start to balance until the cells get to 3.4 volts - 54.4 for a 16 s battery

My battery SOC % is set to 94% roughly 53.4V.
But even after charging is completed and 00 Amps are transmitted from inverter, battery voltage keeps climbing up to 54.5V an BMS cuts off with the error code 301.
Inverter is Growatt SPH 5000.
Battery is 51.2V 200A.

Can anyone here help me out to figure out what causes this issue?
TIA!

Pictures of voltages of cells, battery percentage and system voltage are attached below for a better understanding.
Hi
Did you resolve this and can I ask how please ?

Subject: Recurring BMS 301 Error with Growatt SPH 6000 and SUG LiFePO4 Battery System

Hello,

I'm encountering a frustrating issue with my new solar setup and would appreciate any advice. I've installed a Growatt SPH 6000 coupled with a SUG LiFePO4 Energy Storage Battery (51.2V 200Ah 10.24kW). Within three days of installation, I noticed that the battery, though fully charged at 99%, didn't discharge overnight.

After contacting Growatt, they advised me to restart the system. They also remotely checked the setup, which initially cleared the BMS #301 fault code. The system then functioned perfectly for three days—charging during the day, feeding the load, exporting to the grid, and discharging overnight as expected. However, the BMS 301 error has reoccurred. I tried restarting the system again, but the fault has not cleared this time.

I've reached out to both Growatt and SUG, but I anticipate that they may point fingers at each other. A few points to consider:

• My communications cable running to the CT is laid alongside an AC cable in some places. Could this be affecting the system?
  • I am not entirely sure if the CT is a genuine Growatt part, which might be causing compatibility issues.
  • Since the error has cleared a couple of times before, I suspect it might not be a wiring issue. It seems more like a software glitch or some sort of interference causing the battery to lock out.
Has anyone else experienced something similar or have any insights on what might be going wrong?

Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

Back