diy solar

diy solar

Growatt SPF 3000TL LVM-ES is a piece of crap garbage

I'm not the OP. Was just curious what you meant.
OP stated that Growatt was "initially" responsive which leads me to believe they no longer are. Growatt has a 5 year warranty from the manufacturer (if) they chose to support it.

Agree. Failure rates on these are too high to throw good money after bad.

Last couple of email messages I sent them (and CCed a few of them) was in April and August of last year, I didn't get a response. Maybe they are ignoring me or maybe they all got laid off. The messages were about the yet another bug I forgot to put in the main post (the sudden desire to switch to utility when there was no need for it).

I would be very happy if Growatt can provide a new firmware which has all these bugs fixed. I will gladly update the firmware. I find it hard to believe these are hardware failures as reboot resolves them (for a while). Although, I am sure hardware can use some improvement too.

By the way, their firmware update process is atrocious. There are 2 files to send to the inverter and you better do it in the right order. I had to feel my way through it.

By the way, their firmware update process is atrocious. There are 2 files to send to the inverter and you better do it in the right order. I had to feel my way through it.

Almost all this stuff is that way.

Except for victron.

You can fall and land on the keyboard and somehow the software updates and settings go in right everytime.

Have you updated the firmware on your EG4 batteries to address the top balancing issues? What is the SOH of your batteries?

I had some similar issues and EG4 ended up swapping my battery. My issue was low SOH at 90% after only 225 cycles and SOC dropping from 8-9% to 0% suddenly overnight which triggered a grid charge.

Attachments

• IMG_7047.jpg
    IMG_7047.jpg
    332 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Have you updated the firmware on your EG4 batteries to address the top balancing issues? What is the SOH of your batteries?

I had some similar issues and EG4 ended up swapping my battery. My issue was low SOH at 90% after only 225 cycles and SOC dropping from 8-9% to 0% suddenly overnight which triggered a grid charge.

I did not update the battery firmware since I've got them, which was in 2022. I wasn't aware there were any issues. Where can I find more info on this?

I'm guessing I need to connect the battery communication cable to a PC and run some software to get the SOH, correct?

I did not update the battery firmware since I've got them, which was in 2022. I wasn't aware there were any issues. Where can I find more info on this?

I'm guessing I need to connect the battery communication cable to a PC and run some software to get the SOH, correct?

message Markus with EG4 on this site. There are several YouTube videos detailing the process. I wouldn’t be surprised if some of your issues are related to battery imbalance. Steps…. update firmware, manually top balance for a couple weeks, then utilize communications to help keep things balanced and properly charged.

Back