diy solar

diy solar

BMS is changing settings. Why?

Our battery is for the trolling motor in a bass boat. We have a 45 amp dumb charger cc/cv that we disconnect when it reaches the setting of 14.1 after an hour or so since it’s too dumb to turn off (easy fix in time) or go to float. The bms is like yours but we added an active balancer that starts at 3.4V. The bms has been trouble free. The only thing to remember is to turn the charger on first before connecting. The bms will over current if it tries to charge the capacitors in the charger. You may have something similar going on

You shouldn’t need to. Im just grasping at straws now. And going out and trying it here, the app can still override the discharge to off but cannot override it to on if the contact is open in the switch. So I’m low on the confidence that it’ll keep it in discharge. I’m more leaning towards the charger and how it releases when it’s done.
Interesting. The charger has no controls at all so the only options are removing the positive or negative first, or unplug the charger before removing either lead.

It’s this charger….

If I read the documentation correctly, that charger doesn’t have float. It should not be left on after the battery is full & balanced.

Back