diy solar

diy solar

BMS Low Voltage

johnch121

When my battery goes down to around 20% on the information page it is saying the BMS status is Low voltage and stops discharging to the house, does anyone know of a setting that I may have wrong or if there is a setting on the BMS that I can change, it is a DIY battery with a pace bms.

Attachments

• IMG20231231184811.jpg
    IMG20231231184811.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG20231231184824.jpg
    IMG20231231184824.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 6
What are your current BMS settings?

Are you sure you want to discharge your batteries that low? There is dang little power in them at that point and LiFePO4 cells/batteries get finicky down there. Very little to gain, lots of problems possible.

If you discharge until BMS cuts off completely, do you have a way to charge A 48V to come alive?

What are your current BMS settings?

Are you sure you want to discharge your batteries that low? There is dang little power in them at that point and LiFePO4 cells/batteries get finicky down there. Very little to gain, lots of problems possible.

If you discharge until BMS cuts off completely, do you have a way to charge A 48V to come alive?
These are the BMS settings, the only setting that is changed is the sleep vcell which is set at 2.9v I guess the battery has stopped discharging to protect the battery

Attachments

• battery bms.jpg
    battery bms.jpg
    165.6 KB · Views: 8
Exactly, it’s working as you would want it to work.

I would dial back overvolt protection. 3.70V is too high. Set it to mirror your low voltage protect from 2.50V.

Exactly, it’s working as you would want it to work.

I would dial back overvolt protection. 3.70V is too high. Set it to mirror your low voltage protect from 2.50V.
I will certainly check it again but I think that was changed to a lower setting but not as low as 2.5v, Thank you for the advice, I will make sure it's set to 2.5v. Once again thank you for the advice

No, sorry, I think your low voltage is backed away from 2.50V nicely. I meant to set you overvolt away (below 3.65V) the same way. 3.61V alarm, 3.63V disconnect, 3.60V release or thereabouts.

Back