diy solar

diy solar

BMS output is throttling?

Kashgar

BMS (4s 100a smart BMS Li-ion LifePo4 Lithium Protection Board balance H Current Bluetooth APP software Module ) output is throttling, but the direct output from the battery pack is stable and working just fine. so frustrating.
(my set up, 4s3p lifepo4 battery pack with 38120 headway cells, fully charged balance charged and checked to make sure no faulty cells. wires are all correct as well. output v is 14v. on load with 300w pure sine inverter, like as low as 20w all the up
to 150w lights, through BMS, it throttles every 10 seconds. sharp cut and instant back on...then I tried, direct connect to battery pack's Positive and Negative, it works continuously without any drop-offs or cut offs)
here is what the parameters look like and somebody plz let me know what is wrong here!
if the parameters are not right, I do now know how to set it all back to factory default. that said I did not actually change almost anything anyway.
here is what it all looks like in the app UI;

Attachments

• IMG_7002.PNG
    IMG_7002.PNG
    313.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7003.PNG
    IMG_7003.PNG
    280.4 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7004.PNG
    IMG_7004.PNG
    276.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7005.PNG
    IMG_7005.PNG
    204.4 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_7006.PNG
    IMG_7006.PNG
    205.8 KB · Views: 11
Did I miss something ? What is the capacity of your battery ? Surely your ‘Design’ and ‘Cycle’ capacity should be much higher ? Are you able to edit the settings ?

Did I miss something ? What is the capacity of your battery ?
Headway 38120 cells. 3.2v nominal...8ah cells. the whole pack is 4s3p. that said, it is 12.8v, 24ah battery pack.

Last edited:
Did I miss something ? What is the capacity of your battery ? Surely your ‘Design’ and ‘Cycle’ capacity should be much higher ? Are you able to edit the settings ?
yes. I actually changed it from factory default of the BMS (i do not remember what they were now but yes we can edit it) i thought that's got something to do with the battery diagram indicator on the first page and i did change them...how much should i put there?

Go : Read BMS , then change Design Cap and Cycle Cap to 100000mA , then Write BMS and test.

Just wondering how you control a 240 amp battery with a 100 amp BMS ?

Go : Read BMS , then change Design Cap and Cycle Cap to 100000mA , then Write BMS and test.
just edited the inputs as you suggested. tested it (even with disconnecting and connecting wires). the problem still remains.

Will think again in the morning. Late here. Now that you have restated your capacity , revert to previous settings.

Will think again in the morning. Late here. Now that you have restated your capacity , revert to previous settings.
what I just noticed is. without plugging in the 300w inverter. the Cigarette Lighter Outlet adapter voltmeter also changing like 10v, 12. some v and 13.1v every other 10 seconds. and this is not happening when the Cigarette Lighter Outlet adapter is directly connected to battery pack terminals.

Please post a schematic or drawing of (1) how the cells are connected to form the pack and (2) how the BMS is wired up.
Adding a few photos as well will help.

Please post a schematic or drawing of (1) how the cells are connected to form the pack and (2) how the BMS is wired up.
Adding a few photos as well will help.
I noticed this on the board. perhaps this came defective or burned somehow over the night of the first charge...this seems to be the problem.
lastly but most importantly, thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_70155.jpg
    IMG_70155.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 14
I noticed this on the board. perhaps this came defective or burned somehow over the night of the first charge...this seems to be the problem.
lastly but most importantly, thank you so much!
Yep , that looks like it emitted the magic smoke ! Hope you get sorted.

Back