diy solar

diy solar

BMS Parameters For A Capacity Test

Super Dave

Good day all. I just received a 400ah battery from china and want to get an accurate capacity test as lifepo4 batteries bought from china can be a hit and miss sometimes with respect to getting what you paid for. I bought a capacity tester, (attached pic), and did 2 tests but I'm questioning the results as I'm not entirely sure I had my BMS configured properly. It's funny how many videos there are showing capacity testers and how to use them but I couldn't for the life of me find a video on what to set the BMS parameters to achieve an accurate result.
I have also attached a pic of the BMS parameters I set for the second test.
I think I may know what settings were wrong but with a 400ah battery, the test takes so long I'd rather defer to someone in the know then play guessing games.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 20230512_090426.jpg
    20230512_090426.jpg
    312.8 KB · Views: 25
  • Screenshot_20230513_224831_Overkill Solar.jpg
    Screenshot_20230513_224831_Overkill Solar.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 26
Thanks for your input. i did notice the one cell out of whack. but i noticed that during the second test, it evened out with the others.

oops hit enter to soon. during the second capacity test the cell did even out and during the recharge it became out of whack near the end. did you have any suggestions on correcting the out of balance cell?

oops hit enter to soon. during the second capacity test the cell did even out and during the recharge it became out of whack near the end. did you have any suggestions on correcting the out of balance cell?
charge it individually

What BMS settings are you wondering about? The photo doesn't have the settings in it. The BMS app it a powerful tool and will give you a bunch on info on your battery status. With 400Ah you have a lot of battery to test for charge/discharge. What were your capacity test results?

Back