diy solar

diy solar

BMS protocol and read-out

Never heard of dr software. You might as well disassemble one battery and take some pictures to see if we can identify the BMS.

I hate to say it but that’s what you get for going cheap AliExpress way and not known vendors.

I hope I was not unclear. This topic is regarding AliExpress BMS readouts. The cells are 16x very good grade B lifepo4 cells and the BMS apparently (when reading this topic) is also quite oke. It even has cell balancing apparently. This is exact the reason that I want to have acces to the BMS so I can change some settings.

The DR software is linked in this topic/thread multiple times. My question is regarding the access of the BMS using windows and the USB to RS485 cable.

I could open up a battery but still have no idea how to connect my pc :).

I wasn’t talking about the cells but the whole battery pack integration. I think we should confirm the exact bms manufacturer and model because software and cabling won’t be the same between vendors. Just taking pictures of the bms board will allow bright people on this forum to confirm its identity.

Alright, a small update regarding my COM problem. I post it here for all who are having trouble connecting to your DR-Power BMS or DR-1363 protocol BMS.

Step1) Download USB to UART drivers and follow the instructions on this page https://www.usb-drivers.org/ft232r-usb-uart-driver.html
Step2) Make sure your DIP-switches are in the number 1 position (ON OFF OFF OFF OFF OFF) of the battery that you want to access
Step3) Use the program DR_Application_22.07.06-beta1 to connect to your BMS
Step4) Insert the USB in your laptop/PC and insert the RJ45 cable into the RS485 port of your battery (not the RS485A or RS485B)
Step5) Inside the DR_Application_22.07.06-beta1 program use the COMport your USB is located at, baud rate 9600, and address 1
Step6) Done, you are inside the BMS and can view and change parameters (using the password 666666).

Disclaimer: Do your research when changing the parameters using the password. There is an option to get back to factory settings when you don't know what settings you changed.

The next step in my quest is to change the parameters of the BMS to my liking. Given the program is a difficult Chinese translation, the interpretation is sometimes hard. For this, I could use some help from this forum. But I will start a new Topic and make sure to link it here in this post. Edit: link to my new thread

Thanks guys!

Last edited:
Never heard of dr software. You might as well disassemble one battery and take some pictures to see if we can identify the BMS.

I hate to say it but that’s what you get for going cheap AliExpress way and not known vendors.
I own one of those noname 48V 100Ah AliExpress batteries, the BMS is (probably) a cheap Seplos BMS clone, even the DR-Software seems to be a cheap copy of the seplos monitoring.

I have two LiFePO4 48V 100Ah 5120Wh from AliExpress connected to Solis RHI-3K-48ES-5G 3kW
First, I bought one battery and six months later I bought second battery.
First battery came with Ver: DR-SAIENSI01 16S100 -V1.0.3T1_G
Second battery came with Ver: DR-SNS09 16S100JC11-V1.2.1T3

First battery had different set of cables in COM RJ45 head than second battery.

View attachment 156753

Also, first battery works on baud rate: 19200
Where, second battery works on baud rate: 9600
---To fix baud rate (to have both batteries on 9600), I installed .bin config on first battery.

#Battery 1:
Ver: DR-SAIENSI01 16S100 -V1.0.3T1_G (before .bin upgrade)
Ver: DR-DR01 16S100JC03-V2.0.0T1_V (after .bin upgrade)

Product Info: 2.2
Hardware model: T1_V
Product model: DR01
Project code: 16S100JC03
Software version: 2.0.0
Boot version: 1.1

#Battery 2:
Ver: DR-SNS09 16S100JC11-V1.2.1T3

Product Info: 2.2
Hardware model: T3
Product model: SNS09
Project code: 16S100JC03
Software version: 1.2.1
Boot version: 2.2

Please find attached .bin upgrade file: DR-DR01 16S100JC03-V2.0.0T1_V.7z

Application which I used to connect was: DR22.07.06
DR22.04.13 – did not work for me (was not able to see any COM ports in my laptop)
Also attached.

---To connect two batteries I made custom cable (normal computer ethernet cable did not work for me):

View attachment 156755

Laptop with DR_App connected to Battery_1
Battery DIP settings:
Battery_1 DIP 1-6 OFF
Battery_2 DIP 1 ON, DIP 2-6 OFF
In my case, custom RJ45 cable work only in one way. RJ45 Side_A connected to second battery, Side_B connected to first battery.

View attachment 156756

Inverter cannot work with DR_App at the same time.
Inverter: Solis RHI-3K-48ES-5G 3kW connected to Battery_1
Solis battery selection: Pylon LV (Pylontech)
Battery_1 DIP 1-5: OFF, DIP 6: ON
Battery_2 DIP 1: ON, DIP 2-6: OFF

The result of two batteries in Solis inverter:
If your 1st battery is charged at 100%
your 2nd battery is charged at 50%
Inverter will see it as: 75%
Thanks a lot Matviey! I have the exact same setup and scenario (5 packs of the previous battery, and just got a 6th which is one of the newer types, all from Cerrnss on Aliexpress). I similarly noticed the USB -> RS485 cables were different, and saw the pack's discharge max amps drop to a fail-safe (80A from its usual 320A) when I connected the sixth pack. From what I can gather, the 80A fail-safe max discharge is because the 6th pack isn't communicating right with the others in the pack. I'm guessing if I rig a cable similar to yours between pack 5 and 6, things should work normally again. Well, hopefully.

Last edited:
Has anyone had any luck recovering a partially failed upgrade?

Had an upgrade running but it seemed to stall after 60s. After about 15 mins I assumed it was a gonner. Now the battery display stays "on" with the power switch off, and the display stats on the battery read 0. DrApp doesn't seem to work anymore to monitor or to try to upgrade again...

Have tried resetting via the reset switch, but that had no effect either.

Edit: OK, recovered with: DR06_16S200JC03_V2.0.0_T2_V_R.bin

I have a 100AH pack though, so will need to get back to a 100 version of the firmware.

Edit2: Recovered with the right firmware: https://github.com/LeoWinterDE/BMS/blob/main/Firmware/DR06_16S200JC03_V2.0.0_T2_V_R.bin

Also, got the older Cerrnss packs to work with the new one after rigging a cable up with the right pinout, per Matviey's earlier instructions

Last edited:
Hi All,
I see many references to the "DRxxxxx" model BMS. Has anyone got the DR48100JC-03-V2 model, I am unsure of the maker but this BMS is from a HanchuESS 3.2 battery. Pics attached. The DR22.xx.xx software partially functions but I'm wondering if anyone has more specific software and firmware...

Attachments

• IMG_20240220_215610.jpg
    IMG_20240220_215610.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG20240104114517.jpg
    IMG20240104114517.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 19
Has anyone had any luck recovering a partially failed upgrade?

Had an upgrade running but it seemed to stall after 60s. After about 15 mins I assumed it was a gonner. Now the battery display stays "on" with the power switch off, and the display stats on the battery read 0. DrApp doesn't seem to work anymore to monitor or to try to upgrade again...

Have tried resetting via the reset switch, but that had no effect either.

Edit: OK, recovered with: DR06_16S200JC03_V2.0.0_T2_V_R.bin

I have a 100AH pack though, so will need to get back to a 100 version of the firmware.

Edit2: Recovered with the right firmware: https://github.com/LeoWinterDE/BMS/blob/main/Firmware/DR06_16S200JC03_V2.0.0_T2_V_R.bin

Also, got the older Cerrnss packs to work with the new one after rigging a cable up with the right pinout, per Matviey's earlier instructions

Last edited:
Hello everyone. I just tried to change the firmware and something went wrong. Like friend "nuphor", I tried to upload something else, but it didn't work. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the battery back to life? The previous firmware DR_SAIENSI07_16S200A_V1.0.3_T1_V.bin, but I can't even upload it back.

Ok, I managed to do it by uploading first BOOT_UP_KF01JC00014V2.4 and then DR06_16S200JC03_V2.0.0_T2_V_R.

Last edited:
Back