diy solar

diy solar

BMS quality, Which battery to buy.

Ddow

I have used FLA for 25 years but am ready to replace and go LI. So many choices out there, so much marketing. Cheap is never good. I would like to have batteries that last as long as possible even if it cost a bit more.

My question is after reading on this forum and others it seems like BMS can give you a lot of problems. I will be getting rid of water maintenance, but stepping into high tech problems.

Which batteries or manufactures out there make good batteries, including using top of the line BMS that hopefully will be trouble free?

Do BMS in rack batteries tend to be higher end and “better”.

I have no interest in spending the time to learn to build my own so I don’t need a bunch of high tech info. Just what to buy and what to stay away from.

Thanks for sharing.

I have used FLA for 25 years but am ready to replace and go LI. So many choices out there, so much marketing. Cheap is never good. I would like to have batteries that last as long as possible even if it cost a bit more.

My question is after reading on this forum and others it seems like BMS can give you a lot of problems. I will be getting rid of water maintenance, but stepping into high tech problems.

Which batteries or manufactures out there make good batteries, including using top of the line BMS that hopefully will be trouble free?

Do BMS in rack batteries tend to be higher end and “better”.

I have no interest in spending the time to learn to build my own so I don’t need a bunch of high tech info. Just what to buy and what to stay away from.

Thanks for sharing.
You sound like the perfect Battle Born customer.

I have SOK and EG4 batteries, After much reading in this forum and other places, combined with my personal experience's either are good choices.
I like that the SOK are user serviceable, however if it is a well built battery there should be no reason to service it.
Price wise the EG4 is a winner, Serviceable the SOK wins. I first bought SOK batteries, when I purchased the EG4 it was because the SOK was out of stock. One last thing and very important!!! SOK has a lot better warranty 10 year, verse 5 year with EG4 and any time I needed any information Current Connection was very quick with a response. So far I have NOT had any (knock on wood) problem's with either SOK or EG4.

I recently installed Pytes V5 batteries. To avoid hassle from the Fire Marshall during the building permit phase I chose to use externally mounted batteries. Since it ocassionally gets below 32 F in the winter I decided to use the Pytes V5 rack mount batteries which have an internal heater. The whole package including the exterior UL listed enclosure came in just under $400 per kWh, which is considerable below Battle Born prices. Pytes warranties them for ten years which seems to be an industry standard for these mid range rack mount batteries.

Back