diy solar

diy solar

BMS

lucresai

lucresai@hotmail.com

date: 12082019

Subject: BMS.

Dear Sir,

Heaving seen several youtube video’s from different producers I am confused.

Intro;

I live in Curacao N.A. 12 degrees N 68 W just north of Venezuela.
I have 27 solar panels each 195W--- 44.8VOC----36.94Vmp----5.28 Imp
1 Tristar TS-M-2 MPPT__60A
1 Victron MPPT 150/85 TR
1 BMV-700
1 Victron inverter24/220V—5000Va
8 Winston LiFePO4 700Ah batteries.
Set 123 Smart BMS

The solar panels are divided in 2 strings ,

one of 12 panels series paralel on a Morningstar Tristar MPPT TS_M_2

one of 15 panels series paralel on a Victron MPPT 150/85 facing south on a 8 degree angle

Max power supply 150 amps to the batteries

Info.
We use the system off grid.

I am not happy with the 123 smart bms as 50 % PCB failures after 3 months

Soon after midday with both strings on the batteries are full and the BMS leds constant on & dumping.

Therefor I only run one string and at the end of the day all are 90% full and BMS leds still flashing.

With an inverter AC running at night the batteries were at 50% early in the morning.

I disconnected an inverter AC and now Early in the morning the batteries are at 65%.

Max solar total charge meassured is 150Amp.

All batteries have a belly at pressent.

Question.

As the 123 Smart BMS has in 3 moths failed 3 intermediate and 1 In pcb I presume they can not handle the power or whatever as the Balancing current =1A.

I am looking for a more robust straight forward reliable BMS and would appreciate your advice on this item as you have tested several different bms es.

Kind regards Lucas

Attachments

• solarschema.pdf
    703.2 KB · Views: 5
I had considered the 123SmartBMS recently and evaluated TinyBMS which is feature full and quite capable with a good reputation but when all added up it was outside of my budget. I looked at several others and chose Chargery BMS8T which suits my purpose after getting recommendations & referral plus the good reviews. They have bigger models as well.

Hope that helps.

Back