diy solar

diy solar

Bob's Gear Giveaway

Bob142

Build more, learn more.
Over the years I’ve accumulated a bunch of smaller scale solar/backup power gear I’m no longer using due to a variety of reasons (system upgrades, abandoned plans, stuff happens etc.) Rather than have this equipment continue to collect dust, I thought I’d do some basic functional tests (maybe just a power up, make sure lights turn on) and then find them new homes where they will actually be used.

Everything is free, and offered as-is. There is no warranty or support from me: I’m not a solar store, just a guy who wants this stuff to be used by people in this community.

If you can get to Rhode Island, USA, I’m willing to meet you somewhere to hand it over. If you can’t get to RI, but still want it, you pay for shipping and I’ll send it to you.

I’ll roll out the items as I confirm that they still seem functional. Each item will be presented in its own post. If you have questions about it, please reply to that item’s post so things stay in context and others can see the additional info. Please do not put any personal info into this thread that you want to keep private! PM me to claim the item and arrange pick-up or delivery.

This may be a bit of an Island of Misfit (solar) Toys situation, but I’m hoping someone really does want a Charlie in the box, or a train with square wheels…

Last edited:
Item #1: Samlex SEC-2425UL 24V 25A Battery Charger (120V input)

Tested and functional. Manual included.

Please see Post #1 for additional information.

IMG_8147.jpgIMG_8148.jpgIMG_8149.jpg

Last edited:
Item #2: Victron Battery Balancer

Hasn't been used in a couple of years. Worked last time it was connected. I no longer have a good way to test this one. Manual included.

IMG_8150.jpgIMG_8151.jpgIMG_8152.jpg

Last edited:
Item #3: Ramsond SunRay 1500W 12V Pure Sine Wave Inverter

Tested and functional. No manual.

IMG_8158.jpgIMG_8156.jpgIMG_8157.jpg

Last edited:
Item #4: Renogy Wanderer 12V/24V 10A PWM Solar Charge Controller

Tested and functional. Includes manual.

IMG_8170.jpgIMG_8167.jpg

Last edited:
Item #5: Rich Solar BT-1 Bluetooth Module

Tested and functional. Compatible with Renogy Rover and Wanderer series, as well as Rich Solar and SRNE ML series (and likely anything else that looks like the SRNE ML series controller),

IMG_8169.jpgIMG_8168.PNG

Last edited:
Item #6: HQST 12V/24V 30A MPPT Solar Charge Controller

Tested and functional. Includes manual. 55V Max Voc.

IMG_8178.jpgIMG_8171.jpgIMG_8174.jpgIMG_8173.jpgIMG_8175.jpgIMG_8176.jpg

Last edited:
Item #7: Victron BlueSolar 75/10 MPPT Solar Charge Controller (no Bluetooth)

Tested and functional. No manual.

Notes:
  1. This is a BLUESolar model so it does not have Bluetooth built-in.
  2. It is missing the Load terminal screws.
  3. I hooked up my Victron bluetooth module and updated the firmware.
  4. I set the battery voltage to 12V and selected Victron's built-in LFP settings.

IMG_8181.jpgIMG_8179.jpgIMG_8180.jpg

Last edited:
Item #8: Victron SmartSolar 100/20 MPPT Solar Charge Controller (12V/24V)

Tested and functional. No manual. I updated the firmware today while testing.

IMG_8186.jpgIMG_8183.jpgIMG_8182.PNG

Last edited:
Bob, I am remiss in thanking you. Everything looks great and it is really appreciated. We are going camping over the 4th of July weekend and I can play with all that gear.
I'll hook the controller with BT to my panels and mount the inverter in the front bay of the 5th wheel.

Bob, I am remiss in thanking you. Everything looks great and it is really appreciated. We are going camping over the 4th of July weekend and I can play with all that gear.
I'll hook the controller with BT to my panels and mount the inverter in the front bay of the 5th wheel.
That's great. It's exactly what I was hoping for: let the gear do some real work for someone!

diy solar

diy solar
Back