diy solar

diy solar

Could someone help me please

outlaw525s1991

I have 6 12v 100w mighty max polycrystalline panels. This is obviously just a small system. I want to change to a series parallel set up. So 3 strings with 2 panels each in series then I want to connect each of the 3 strings to my combiner box. My panel ratings are as follows Vmp-18.2v,Imp-5.49a,Isc-5.95a,solar module efficiency-13.25%, maximum system voltage-1000Vdc, Maximum series fuse rating-15a, power tolerance-0~3%. What is going to happen when they are in series and then combined at the box? I understand series=amperage stays the same,while the voltage is combined and parallel=the voltage remains the same but the amperage doubles. Does this mean the Voc changes as well as in when series there added together? They are 12v panels but I’m still learning all of this for the most part I understand the vast majority but sometimes it’s easier for it to be explained by a actual person than me trying to read article after article searching for my answer. Reason for wanting to do this is I would like to add a MPPT charge controller but still keep my battery bank 12v. There’s steps that I have to take prior to even being able to done this. My combiner box is the ecoworthy 6 string which is I’ll have to upgrade in order for it to handle the upgraded power as is it won’t handle it. This stuff I understand and realize and honestly I don’t know how fast I’ll be getting it all together do to living in upstate ny where we are being pounded right now with a northeastern snow storm. Thanks for your time I appreciate your help and advice and I’m not one of those who thinks they know everything hence me asking for help so feel free to give advice and suggestions I will listen to you especially with the chances being I know much less than those willing to share their knowledge and are willing to help and guide me.

Attachments

• IMG_3770.png
    IMG_3770.png
    346.7 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3771.png
    IMG_3771.png
    295.3 KB · Views: 6
The current of series strings will remain at the panels rated current so you wont need to change combiner box. You could have10 panels in series and the current will still be the same as a single panel. The current will add when the strings are combined in the combiner output which will be carried by an appropriate sized wire for total current.

Back