diy solar

diy solar

Please someone help with EG4 LL V2 Update

senoird

This should not be this hard to do. I got a new 6000XP installed and am at the point of battery comms. Apparently I need to update firmware to get the inveter to see the batteries. I have 2 cables 1) that has the 2 wires in the rj45 end and it works with bms test on life4 batteries. I try using it with the LLV2's using bms tools and the red box never goes green. So I tried the other cable which is all cat5 wires in RJ45 end but that doesn't work either. All dip switches on or off to get the "64" address either way doesn't work also using 9600 or 19200. I am in the battery comm plug not the 485 one as the SS video shows. Can someone shoot a detailed pic of the cable and the proper dip switch settings for a 6 switch V2 battery.

This should not be this hard to do. I got a new 6000XP installed and am at the point of battery comms. Apparently I need to update firmware to get the inveter to see the batteries. I have 2 cables 1) that has the 2 wires in the rj45 end and it works with bms test on life4 batteries. I try using it with the LLV2's using bms tools and the red box never goes green. So I tried the other cable which is all cat5 wires in RJ45 end but that doesn't work either. All dip switches on or off to get the "64" address either way doesn't work also using 9600 or 19200. I am in the battery comm plug not the 485 one as the SS video shows. Can someone shoot a detailed pic of the cable and the proper dip switch settings for a 6 switch V2 battery.

Maybe @EG4_Jared @EG4_Jarrett can help you.

Just to verify, is this the EG4LL model with protocol change capability? If so, I don't think an update would be necessary. In this case, you'd need to switch to the LUX protocol for CAN communication, ensuring that the master ID No. is set to 1. The Lithium Brand setting on the 6000XP should be set to 0. Additionally, utilize a straight-through cable from the CAN port on the battery to the BMS port on the inverter.

Its

EG4 LL Lithium Battery (V2) | 48V 100AH​

Ordered Oct 2023
Which is no longer available according to my order history. I dont know if it has protocol change capability. How would I check that? Is there some setting on the battery display? I did download the firmware from SS site under the new LL-S battery and was able to update the 485(all dips to right for 64) part but apparently the 232 cable i have isn't the correct one with the cat5 end having only wires on pin 4&5. Ordered a rs232 cable from SS.

Its

EG4 LL Lithium Battery (V2) | 48V 100AH​

Ordered Oct 2023
Which is no longer available according to my order history. I dont know if it has protocol change capability. How would I check that? Is there some setting on the battery display? I did download the firmware from SS site under the new LL-S battery and was able to update the 485(all dips to right for 64) part but apparently the 232 cable i have isn't the correct one with the cat5 end having only wires on pin 4&5. Ordered a rs232 cable from SS.

To change the protocol, I would suggest using this page from the manual. However, with there being an LL-S with the LL V2's, a firmware update is needed. you can also ensure that the battery com cable between the LL-S and the first LL V2 is only the pins 3,7, and 8 to have communication in the meantime.

Link to manual: https://eg4electronics.com/categories/batteries/eg4-ll-48v-100ah-lithium-iron-phosphate-battery

1709059627160.png

I think there is a slight misunderstanding. I do not own any LL-S just 3 LL V2s. The only firmware bin file I found was for the LL-S on Signature Solars page for the 48v LL-S. I did update the V2's on the RS485 with that bin file which I read somewhere on this forum was the the correct bin to use on the V2's.

I think there is a slight misunderstanding. I do not own any LL-S just 3 LL V2s. The only firmware bin file I found was for the LL-S on Signature Solars page for the 48v LL-S. I did update the V2's on the RS485 with that bin file which I read somewhere on this forum was the the correct bin to use on the V2's.
Not sure if it is your case but for me I have 5 LLs v2. Three were bought later than the first two. When I connected my 6000xp it would do comms with three of the batteries but would not "read" the oldests LLs v2. I had to do a firmware update on those two and then the 6000xp started to "see" them. I did the firmware update on all of them anyway just to have them all on the same FW.

FYI the firmware I used was the one for the LL-S

Did you do both the 485 and the 232 updates? I've read some people are just doing the 485 bin and not the 232 hex.

Good info thanks. Did you do the protocol change and select CAN and LUX on the battery and then select Li Ion and LUX on the 6000XP?

Man I do appreciate the info. I gotta shut down the system to get voltage off the terminals as it says in the manual to make the protocol change. If all goes well after that Ill hopefully be posting positive news. Thanks once again

Success at last I really appreciate the help all especially akitawpo. All 3 LLs showing on the 6000XP. Now just need to get the 2 Lifepower4 batteries in the stack to be recognized. Thats a problem for tomorrow. Thanks again.

Success at last I really appreciate the help all especially akitawpo. All 3 LLs showing on the 6000XP. Now just need to get the 2 Lifepower4 batteries in the stack to be recognized. Thats a problem for tomorrow. Thanks again.
Glad to be of help.

Back