diy solar

diy solar

Building my first battery!

ImAnIdiotPleaseBePatient

Solar Enthusiast
I ordered 16 eve230 cells from 18650battery store and a 200 amp JK bms. I just realized that I don't think they include busbars for the 230 cells in the order. Does anyone know a good place to order busbars for these cells? The application is in a ryobi riding mower, not sure if that makes a difference in whether it is better to use flexible or not. Thanks guys!

Thanks, I totally missed that. Do you know if the JK BMS (from hankzor) comes with the little ring terminals for the bms lead connections? I figured you have to buy those separate, but I am not sure.
I just finished building my third battery from those exact cells (LF230), which I also purchased from 18650 Battery Store. The bus bars are indeed included. I've only used JBD bms's purchased from Overkill Solar and they've never included the individual cell ring terminals.

The application is in a ryobi riding mower, not sure if that makes a difference in whether it is better to use flexible or not. Thanks guys!
You should have the cells under compression to restrain them. That said, I would use flexible, just in case. If they will not be in a straight line, then you may need a busbar designed to turn the corner. I got one off alibaba.

You should have the cells under compression to restrain them. That said, I would use flexible, just in case. If they will not be in a straight line, then you may need a busbar designed to turn the corner. I got one off alibaba.
yes, i am planning on having kapton tape around cells and snugging up the box with epdm foam and screwing the lid of the box shut with epdm foam on top/bottom as well.

Back