diy solar

diy solar

Buying 2nd hand sold as new

hardtop

In my search for an inverter, I was attracted to Victron and bought their largest 12V unit. Its bigger than I thought but its very portable. Its been putting out 60.1 HZ and its working great, except when I took it out of the box it looked used. It has a paint chip/blemish in the orange stripe and there are horizontal marks on it too. I had went to Victron to find an authorized dealer and this is what I get lol.

I went to the Victron website to get a contact number and the contact they offer is in The Netherlands. I had contacted the company I bought it from and they said it came from Victron like that and they would contact them. I might be waiting a LONG time for them to get back to me on that. I want the inverter but I bought it as new and paid full price. It looks like it came from Ebay tbh. Any ideas on how to handle it?

0dpemwC.jpg

I want the inverter but I bought it as new and paid full price. It looks like it came from Ebay tbh. Any ideas on how to handle it?
If an individual seller off E-Bay, contact the seller and talk about a rating.

If a store site off E-Bay, than contact the seller for a refund.

I was surprised about the individual seller. I would hold little hope of getting money back, but sometimes talking about ratings will get you what you want.

I was actually looking at the 24 volt model of that inverter. I have a 23 watt inductive load that a 375 VA inverter won't power because of an overload, so was thinking of upgradign to a 1200 VA to see if it would work.

If an individual seller off E-Bay, contact the seller and talk about a rating.

If a store site off E-Bay, than contact the seller for a refund.

I was surprised about the individual seller. I would hold little hope of getting money back, but sometimes talking about ratings will get you what you want.

I was actually looking at the 24 volt model of that inverter. I have a 23 watt inductive load that a 375 VA inverter won't power because of an overload, so was thinking of upgradign to a 1200 VA to see if it would work.

So far its a good inverter, the fan is apparent. I can hear it kick on if I scroll a web page since my PC gear is running off it. I haven't geeked out with it and its buss connectivity for metrics and settings. I need to get a bluetooth adapter to plug into it.

So far its a good inverter, the fan is apparent. I can hear it kick on if I scroll a web page since my PC gear is running off it. I haven't geeked out with it and its buss connectivity for metrics and settings. I need to get a bluetooth adapter to plug into it.
I did not know it was Bluetooth capable.

Back