diy solar

diy solar

Does any manufacturer make a good mobile/RV inverter with good warranty support?

Email support works when responses are timely. It doesn't work when it takes two to three days for each response and the back and forth lasts for weeks.

Invertersrus finally called me back today and said they may want me to send them the Cerbo so they can look at it. Another person is supposed to call me back in the next few days.

Pretty much all Victron dealers sell for the same basic price. I wish I knew a good way to determine who can provide the best support before making the purchase. Victron has you go to the dealer for warranty support.

Many companies will provide a potential customer with immediate pre-sales help because they want the sale. They often don't provide good service after the sale since they already got your money.

I also have a SOK battery with what appears to be a bad BMS. I contacted SOK support via email this morning and actually got a response an hour or two later. We'll see how fast they are about actually getting the issue fixed. They wanted the dealer's name and the order number and then they are going to contact the dealer.

What do you power with the inverter?
You are going to have to keep a detailed log of issues, conditions and attempted solutions to solve the problems
I like a paper trail, but electronic is ok if you are diligent with it.

Help them help you.
UNless you van afford an onsite tech, YOU are the onsite tech, so be ready for it all.

Not sure about the support aspect. We're in the UK and my 12v 3000w inverter has been brilliant! 16964902115213920521954278366119.jpg

Here is my dilemma: I have a motorhome in which I have a Victron Multiplus II 3000VA 48 volt inverter, Cerbo GX, and two SOK 48V100 batteries. I usually take one long trip every year. When things break I need immediate help to keep the power running in my motorhome. I can't start a two week email conversation, or I'll be home before I get an answer. I understand that I can't get a warranty replacement immediately, but maybe it is an issue of firmware or some setting to fix the issue.

Once I get home there is less urgency to fix the issue, and it becomes difficult to reproduce the issue at home.

What do you power with the inverter?
You are going to have to keep a detailed log of issues, conditions and attempted solutions to solve the problems
I like a paper trail, but electronic is ok if you are diligent with it.

Help them help you.
UNless you van afford an onsite tech, YOU are the onsite tech, so be ready for it all.
I am powering a microwave, CPAPs at night, refrigerator, laptops and phones charging, and other various things. Highest load I have seen is around 2,000 watts with microwave running.

I understand that I am the onsite tech. I have a multimeter, MK3 USB adapter, and a laptop with the Victron software installed. I was able to upgrade the firmware of the inverter while on the road. (Firmware upgrade did not help.)

Back