diy solar

diy solar

Can all BMS's be monitored?

C Subleski

Do all Bms's have the ability to be monitored? I'm not sure how I can see what is going on with my battery cells and whether the cells are in balance with the integrated BMS attached to my 24v battery.

No .... Some BMS a way to connect either via Bluetooth or sometimes other hard wired connections ... but not all.

For instance, the original Daly BMS. They are now coming out with "smart" BMS that have communications capability.

Do you know what BMS you have? Do you have a link to the battery you purchased?

No .... Some BMS a way to connect either via Bluetooth or sometimes other hard wired connections ... but not all.

For instance, the original Daly BMS. They are now coming out with "smart" BMS that have communications capability.

Thanks for your help. I purchased one of these 24v NEC A123 batteries from big battery.com. I asked them same question but no response.

By looking at the page about the BMS, it doesn't appear to have any communications ... at least they don't mention any.

Since it is right on top it would be easy to replace it with one that does have communications .... something like the one Overkill solar sells on here.

P.S. The cell voltages mentioned in the BMS specs don't seem to match LiFeP04 cells ... which is what the battery is supposed to be .... so, I'd keep bugging them for more info.

I believe most pre-built batteries do not expose cell level monitoring to the user, at least not by default.

Back