diy solar

diy solar

Can I charge my halo bolt with a solar panel?

salve

I'm going to buy a panel. But how do I connect it to the bolt?

You could use one of these. Great devices, on grid off grid, direct drive with grid backup, etc.

The only listed plug and play i know of also. Can charge cars at 120v or 240v depending. If your car cannot accept line voltage tonam on board charger then you would drive its charge with these.

Maybe.
I looked it up and found it's normally charged with a supplied DC adapter but I don't know how many volts it puts out. So you'll have to find a Solar Charge Controller (SCC) to match the voltage of your adapter, hopefully something common like 12v.
Look on the adapter's plate to find its rated voltage and wattage.

Maybe.
I looked it up and found it's normally charged with a supplied DC adapter but I don't know how many volts it puts out. So you'll have to find a Solar Charge Controller (SCC) to match the voltage of your adapter, hopefully something common like 12v.
Look on the adapter's plate to find its rated voltage and wattage.
but how would I connect the adapter to the solar charge controller?

but how would I connect the adapter to the solar charge controller?
Why do you want to charge your Bolt with a panel?
This thing that has a 90 day warranty. Damn they dont have much confidence in their product. Sold on QVC

SPECIFICATIONS
Battery Cell: 3x Li-Polymer 5300mAh
Battery Pack Power: 58830 mWh
Input: DC 14V/0.85A
USB Output: 2x USB 5V/2.4A
AC Output: 1x AC output port 115V (65 Watts)
Dimensions: 182 x 97 x 40mm Weight: 754 g

CHARGING THE HALO BOLT ACDC 58830 To recharge the HALO BOLT ACDC 58830, use the provided AC wall charging adapter cable, and plug the AC adapter tip into the charge input.
Next, connect the AC adapter into a wall outlet.
The HALO BOLT ACDC 58830 will automatically begin charging.
When the HALO BOLT ACDC 58830 is fully charged, all four indicator lights will be solid green (This could take up to 9 hours)

Last edited:
OK so the adapter is 14v so it sounds like you could charge it OK by replacing the adapter with a PV panel and solar charge controller SCC as follows;
  • get a 12 v panel - not too big if you're trying to match the output of your adapter it's only 12W (14v x .85a). Twelve volt panels normally go up to an open circuit voltage Voc of about 20v which is fine as long as you're using it with a SCC.
  • get a 12v SCC that supports charging Li batteries, which is what you have.

diy solar

diy solar
Back