diy solar

diy solar

Can i charge this battery with this charger?

gripex

Can i charge the sok 200ah battery with a standard car battery charger? (pic attached)

Once its charged i intend to connect it via an anderson connector cable with jumper clamps to my lead acid agm battery box(pic attached) for extra capacity. doable? anything to watch out for? im guessing they should be disconnected from each other while charging?

I wont be connecting solar panels to this, just want to charge each unit in my house and then take them camping.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_0694.jpg
    IMG_0694.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0693.jpg
    IMG_0693.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 12
That battery says it can be charged to 14.6v. Can you determine what voltage it is charging your AGM battery to? If it is about 14.4v, you should be okay. It might take 15-20 hours to charge with that charger, charging at 12 amps.

I would not connect that battery with the AGM battery (don't parallel different types normally). It would be better to use one and then switch to the other.

For the pictured power box, your use should be ok. Likely the SLA in there will be ok, but ya might blow out the battery in it. The LFP, will be fine. It likely won’t get you 200Ah, because that charger isn’t going to full LFP voltage, but it will get a decent charge in it.

If you run the power box until it is low before you hook the LFP in, the LFP will start charging the SLA and would have a lower chance of being damaged. The issue is, the LFP could send max amps and volts above the float voltage of the sla, and boil the battery.

but as long as the LFP settles to below 13.8 v, it should be fine.

For the pictured power box, your use should be ok. Likely the SLA in there will be ok, but ya might blow out the battery in it. The LFP, will be fine. It likely won’t get you 200Ah, because that charger isn’t going to full LFP voltage, but it will get a decent charge in it.

If you run the power box until it is low before you hook the LFP in, the LFP will start charging the SLA and would have a lower chance of being damaged. The issue is, the LFP could send max amps and volts above the float voltage of the sla, and boil the battery.

but as long as the LFP settles to below 13.8 v, it should be fine.

excellent, thank you for the thorough response.

Back