diy solar

diy solar

Can I over panel my MPP All in one (PIP – 1012LV-MS)??

You can try 3s, and also try 3p just to see what you will get with 3p.
Regarding to the portable power station, you also need to make sure the Voc of the panel will not exceed the max PV input Voltage of the power station.
wont the amps be maxed or near over current on parallel at 29.4

wont the amps be maxed or near over current on parallel at 29.4
Yes it will be, just want you to do the quick experiment to see if you will really get that close of input current and the max charging current to the battery in the real world.

Hello, newbie member here. I have my small 12 volt system up and running on two 100ah amperetime's. I have 4 Rich Solar 200 watt 12 volt 9BB Mono panels but only 400watts out of the 800watts connected in series currently. Can i connected all 4 panels in parallel. I have been reading everything on here and the tube and lot of the resources here but its not sinking in completely. I am using 10awg pv wire and 6awg on my batteries. This is a back up power for my Reef Aquarium and runs it all great but could use more power to charge faster. I have a couple of portable power stations i was using and still use for extra backup. I live in eastern Michigan.

I have ran 3 in series and 4 in series/parallel just to try it on a 12 volt system. Sunny day and with a load from my well pump. It worked fine, but I didn't get over 36 amps going to the batteries and about 570 watts to the controller either way. So you can run series/parallel and overpanel in crappy weather, but sunny days it doesn't really matter. I hooked up 1200 watts in series/parallel once to tru it, but it's way overkill for a 12 volt system. The Rich solar 40 amp controllers show a fault at about 92 volts so 3 in a series is best. On a cloudy day you can get away with 4 in a series. Hopefully this helps!​

Back